Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Search function.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Search function.

Guys whats up with the search?
It is virtually useless (to me anyway) in this format. At the best of times google will usually find users, key words and Audi info on this site faster than I could enter and filter with the old system but this is hopeless.
Do I use it so much more than anyone else?
Cos I do use it almost daily.

Any possibility of adding a filtered/advanced search via resources for those ho know what they are looking for?

How about a search that pops up all posts by a user just by entering their UID #?
That would at least cut out looking for them first just to find any post so I can click their name and then find all posts.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Excellent (unless I missed it before), One more request. Can You add a profile search by entering username. Again I can do it via google but not here. The problem is current system requires a keyword or a post count.
Use google "username profile AudiWorld" I find them even if the postcount is zero.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Which search are you using? The new search, or the older Advanced search?
Old 11-06-2011, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The advanced search but it wont find a user just by name. It wont find users who have made 0 posts. Google has no problem so it can be done.

Just try using either or any combination in here to search for Kris Hansen or Kris Hansen profile or best of all Kris Hansen profile Audiworld
If you are lucky it will find you.
Do it in google it pops your profile right up. Then I can quickly find that post you made about the centre U joint. Check your post count, your picture poster.

People enter their data on the spreadsheet but generally leave out their a/c number and post count... It should be so easy to find within the site but it isnt.

Often I can remember who made a mod, found a solution to a problem may have posted a part # so I just need to take a quick look in their 'view more posts by' but it takes so long just to find them if at all.

Can we just add a profile search that does nothing other than take us to the posted username profile. Or, make either search automatically take you a user's profile if you enter no keywords.