Change of thinking - AudiWorld Forums

Change of thinking

Old 09-14-2016, 04:49 AM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Change of thinking

In addition to the sidearm on my person, in the past I kept a second sidearm in the center compartment between driver and passenger seats of my car. I did so because I found it difficult to retrieve my carry pistol from either a right-hipped holster or right pocket holster quickly if needed. Having a gun in the center compartment enabled me to be able to quickly pull my pistol and align it on an advancing attacker.

I no longer do so. My reason is based upon two recent instances. A friend and retired LEO had his Mustang broken into and his under-seat firearm stolen. My gunsmith had his Dodge Ram Truck broken into and his locked glove compartment pistol taken.

We three live in the same “safe” area of our community. So being in a location that is in a more lawless area of our country does not apply to any of us. Secondly, neither of their two vehicles have the appeal that my 2016 A5 might have to a carjacker.

Today, I simply keep my carry pistol in that center compartment while driving and then holster it on my person when I leave my A5.
Attached Thumbnails
Change of thinking-driver-side.jpg   Change of thinking-my-shield-9.jpg  
carbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member

Mines usually holstered or in the small upper cubby portion of the glove box.

What sights are on your Shield? Just curios. I have the XS Big Dot on my 40. Old eyes
DanfZX14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:55 AM   #3
AudiWorld Super User

I'm with you. My Sig P320 is holstered until I get into the car, at which time it goes into the console. When I leave, it leaves with me.

Best,
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 04:38 AM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member

DanfZX14, I apologize for this late response to your question. Illness has kept me away from computing.

I installed a HIVIZ SW2014 front sight onto both of my two Shield 9's. My eyesight has declined to the extent that an iron front sight is beyond my clear focus. The HIVIZ has remedied this problem allowing me to print excellent small groupings on target.

I do not install night sights simply because my training for night shooting employs point shooting and not sight shooting.

Again, I am sorry about the late reply to your question.
carbuff is offline   Reply With Quote