Gun Mounting Magnet - Page 2 - AudiWorld Forums

Notices

Gun Mounting Magnet

Old 05-07-2018, 08:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Force-1 View Post
The same person who has fire extinguishers in his house that will probably never be needed. Or the $1M umbrella policy that will most likely never be used.
lol, regardless of where one lives, the risk of fire is very real. A few years ago, a family in my town used their fire extinguishers to supress a small fire and get out of the house safely before the fire department arrived. Likewise, I have a friend who had someone get injured on his property, was sued for a pretty significant amount of money and his umbrella policy saved him from financial ruin. However, I do not know anyone who ever needed to pull a gun in their car - so the need to mount a handgun for quick access struck me as odd and suggested that one must be driving in a dangerous location. I was curious where that was. Forget it though, I'm just happy it's not a consideration where I live.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jon63 View Post
lol, regardless of where one lives, the risk of fire is very real. A few years ago, a family in my town used their fire extinguishers to supress a small fire and get out of the house safely before the fire department arrived. Likewise, I have a friend who had someone get injured on his property, was sued for a pretty significant amount of money and his umbrella policy saved him from financial ruin. However, I do not know anyone who ever needed to pull a gun in their car - so the need to mount a handgun for quick access struck me as odd and suggested that one must be driving in a dangerous location. I was curious where that was. Forget it though, I'm just happy it's not a consideration where I live.
Most likely because you live in a very anti-gun state, among the most restrictive in the country, where it is almost impossible to obtain a conceal carry permit? And not allowed to have a loaded firearm in a vehicle without a permit.

Fortunately if I ever drive through NJ I can carry a loaded firearm, unlike the legal residents who live there.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

It was an honest question. I am 55 and haved lived my whole life in NJ. I've driven all over the tri-state area including some of the dicier parts of Newark, Trenton, Camden, Harlem, etc., - yet I've never even remotely felt the need to have a gun in my car, let alone one I needed to be able to grab and use immediately? So, I was genuinely interested where you live as to feel this need?

Jon,

And you got an honest answer.

You should consider yourself very fortunate to not have had to need to protect yourself. But to think those situations don't present themselves, well that's pretty naive.

Peace.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I used to do real estate in the city of Detroit and had to pull my before. Thankfully it was enough and didn't have to be used. Now I live in NC which is a much safer area and the need is definitely less. However meeting strangers in empty homes is enough for me to want to carry. A conceal carriers worst nightmare is having to use their firearm, but it's there if we need it. You have a NJ mentality about guns which is why you're apprehensive. In the US there are between 500,000-3,000,000 self defense uses of firearms each year so it's very common. You just dont hear it being reported on the news, especially CNN.

Also most holsters are not comfortable to sit in a car with, so being able to remove your gun and have quick access is a nice feature. My suggestion? Stop with the NJ mentality about guns, go to a range, speak to gun owners, and learn about it rather than make assumptions. I wasn't a gun person until I went and actually shot and learned about them.

Last edited by billm0066; 05-14-2018 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Nice...... mount

Originally Posted by BobTailor View Post
Honestly I don't trust to these magnets, I prefer carrying guns with me. I have the similar concealed carry j

Image downloaded from https://secretstorages.com/best-concealed-carry-jacket/
Nice mount,,, may not qualify as concealed.......... No matter.... It will be welcome in the coming civil war.......