3.0 Tuning solutions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.0 Tuning solutions?

IS there anyone in south florida specifically dade or broward county that can offer a custom tuning system for a 2002 Audi 3.0 V6 6-speed? I am interested in naturally aspirated power. I do have a few modifications done to the car. I have heard of companies chipping or socketing the ECU's to manipulate various parameters of the engine. Just as a reference i have called about 10 well known companies nationwide and no one has a solution for me so i am reaching out to anyone in the local online community that can point me in the right direction or if you are a experienced in this area please contact me i understand this is not a cheap process and i am willing to do business ASAP.

Thank you
Old 03-30-2012, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A-FourLO
IS there anyone in south florida specifically dade or broward county that can offer a custom tuning system for a 2002 Audi 3.0 V6 6-speed? I am interested in naturally aspirated power. I do have a few modifications done to the car. I have heard of companies chipping or socketing the ECU's to manipulate various parameters of the engine. Just as a reference i have called about 10 well known companies nationwide and no one has a solution for me so i am reaching out to anyone in the local online community that can point me in the right direction or if you are a experienced in this area please contact me i understand this is not a cheap process and i am willing to do business ASAP.

Thank you
Most local shops would do "stand alone" fuel injection systems.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Most local shops would do "stand alone" fuel injection systems.
yes i have heard this. However, i would like to retain the stock ECU functions and adaptability. I was interested to see there was something that would be less intrusive to the factory systems. Basically i would rather not re-wire the whole car.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Also i understand people with experience cant go around advertising they can "crack" the ECU or "chip" it. I cant imagine the liability that would be behind that.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are plenty of companies that can modify the ECM software, it's just the 3.0 engine does not really have any tuning mods to gain much from, so no one really bothers with it. The 2.7T engine was around at the time of the 3.0, so everyone bought those vehicles. The S6 and Allroad 4.2 V8s created power also, but not much for any tuning mods for anyone to really get involved with either. IMO, you better finding 2.7T A6, S6, Allroad or S4. You could modify those all day long.