Ticked off - blowing off steam! Damn Germans

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticked off - blowing off steam! Damn Germans

...Its just like the Germans to take credit where credit isn't due. Champion (Audi Sport North America) is the primary reason the team has been successful over the past decade, starting with the Porsche GT-1 Team, then with Audi. Too pull the plug on North American operations and blame the economy is BS. I've worked for German OEM's before, and its all too common. Sure they've developed a lighter more efficient motor this year, but what about everything else. I guess we'll see how they do. I can only hope that they succeed this year, but if they are racing against the privateers and the old R10's, then my loyalty goes with the R10.

Screw you Dr. Ullrich! I hope Dr. Kolles and the Audi Sport technical staff supporting him wipe the track with your smug face. Just wait to see what happens to North American sales this year.

Sorry, I had to get that off my shoulders before my liver is sacrificed at Sebring this year.

Thank you Audi of America and Audi Club of Florida for working hard to keep the Corral this year.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:44 PM

I met Dr. Ullrich at a Miami race...he's a dick! The Champion Audi race team rules!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's a shame that champion racing is no more
Old 03-11-2009, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes, Champion is exactly what their name says ....they are a super team for sure.

But they will be back...just give them time.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:09 AM

Default At that same race I met some Champion Team members. They were just the nicest guys and loved to...

...talk about cars, the race, anything. The Champion tent was full of energy and eveyone was so gracious.

In the factory Audi tent, they were all a bunch of uptight prema donnas. They had forgotten (or didn't care) that they are not only there R&D/racing, but for marketing too.

I wrote a huge tirade to Audi after that just lambasting the factory Audi team and praising Champion...I'm sure they sent my letter straight to the top (the top of the trash heap that is).
Old 03-11-2009, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default They are nice.....but you have to remember that Champion is mostly Americans

who speak English and are more laid back, but not during the race. A lot of the Germans don't speak English or at least not well enough to want to chat with fans. I always keep that in mind when speaking to a factory Audi person. They are guarded when talking about Audi as they use don't want to slip up and give away an Audi techical detail which times fans will ask them. They (factory) aren't in to PR...that isn't their job. That is why Audi has the hospitality tent, that is their job. The factory is there to WIN....simple as that.