Onkyo Debuts its Next Generation of HT-RC Receivers - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Community Discussion > Home Theater & Electronics Discussion
Reload this Page >

Onkyo Debuts its Next Generation of HT-RC Receivers

Notices

Onkyo Debuts its Next Generation of HT-RC Receivers

Old 08-19-2010, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Onkyo Debuts its Next Generation of HT-RC Receivers

August 18th, 2010 -- by Chris Martens
Source: The Perfect Vision

UPPER SADDLE RIVER, NJ (8/13/10) -- Onkyo, a brand renowned worldwide for quality home entertainment technology, is now shipping the newest generation of its HT-RC home theater receiver line—adding two new models, the mid-priced HT-RC260 and the more upscale HT-RC270.

Both new models are high performance 7.2-channel systems with the latest 3D-Ready HDMI-1.4a interface for single-cable connection to most modern AV components. This interface supports lossless high-definition surround sound via Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio codecs. Both models also include Audyssey DSX and Dolby Pro Logic IIz for added sonic dimensions, and Faroudja DCDI Cinema video processing to upscale video to full 1080p output regardless of the source resolution.

The HT-RC270 is THX-Select 2Plus Certified to ensure the best possible sound, and features Audyssey MultEQ for a superior room equalization setup. This receiver is also fully network capable, with DLNA 1.5 and Windows 7 compatibility for PC audio and Internet radio via Pandora, Rhapsody, Napster, Mediafly, Slacker, vTuner, and Sirius Internet Radio.

Both receivers include seven of Onkyo's proprietary WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology) amplifiers with new three-stage inverted Darlington circuitry for high dynamics and low distortion. Burr-Brown 192kHz/24-bit DACs are provided for all channels.

The Onkyo HT-RC260 and HT-RC270 are currently available with suggested retail prices of $499 and $849 respectively.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

That is cool as as a HVAC in a home....over kill dont you think. It is nice but if you take a Media center and up date the sound card and video card you dont think you can get all of this by just up dating your pc and by amping?
Old 08-22-2010, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by kenyel View Post
That is cool as as a HVAC in a home....over kill dont you think. It is nice but if you take a Media center and up date the sound card and video card you dont think you can get all of this by just up dating your pc and by amping?
NO, this is apple and oranges.
One thing is HTPC - to record a TV shoe or play your MP3 or DVD and HT Receiver.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Onkyo Debuts its Next Generation of HT-RC Receivers

It's hard to keep up in this ever changing world. I have the Onkyo TX-SR606 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver that I got about two years ago. Very happy with it .
Old 09-22-2010, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
It's hard to keep up in this ever changing world. I have the Onkyo TX-SR606 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver that I got about two years ago. Very happy with it .
I have a first 6XX - 2002 TX-600 - never fails!