Audi A4 (B8) repairs No. VA

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A4 (B8) repairs No. VA

Hello forum members,

My 2009 A4 2.0T quattro was crashed into by a young driver while parked outside my home yesterday. The related thread is here https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2832020

I meet with the Insurance Adjuster on Monday and fully expect them to wish to use their preferred repair facility. I've a list of Audi recommended facilities and hope to reconcile the two and arrive at an agreement. That is assuming the car is not a write off (as everybody I've spoken to assumes it will be.)

I'd like to ask for any feedback regarding repair facilities in No. VA that have been used by anybody under similar circumstances. My insurer is Natiowide - the insurer of the parents from the teenage boy is State Farm. Any advice you can offer would be appreciated.

regards,

Jon
Old 08-21-2012, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not sure how it works in Virginia, but in California no one can force you to use a shop. In California, you are free to use whatever shop you choose.

Also, I have been down this road before, if you indulge them and go to their shops to get them an estimate...they will most likely just mail you a check and say that if it is more, then submit approval for additional funds.

The way I found that works best: Get whatever estimates you deem necessary for yourself and your insurance co. Then leave it at your preferred shop and make their adjuster come to you. That way you have the position of power.

If you leave your car at your insurance company's shop, any additional overages will get processed more efficiently. This is because, being a preferred shop of your ins co, they are recognized as an extension of your ins co. The result is the other ins co will not argue too much.

If you leave it at a preferred shop of your own choosing, any items over the original quote will require approval by the responsible parties insurance co. But, if they offer any resistance, you can complain to yours to get some action.