Beware Checkered Flag Audi Virginia Beach Service

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware Checkered Flag Audi Virginia Beach Service

So I took my 2015 S6 in because I was having transmission issues as it was still under factory warranty. They figured out that a solenoid in the mechatronics unit was bad. The repair was $4900 and they (the dealership service department) denied the warranty clain because I have an aftermarket (APR) tune in the car. Now if I had blew up the gears, I wouldn't have had a problem with it but this solenoid had no connection to the tune. I asked the service manager if they could connect the failure to the tune and she told me they could not but it was just their policy. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act states that a warranty claim cannot be denied solely because an aftermarket product has been installed but it is required that the service department (or manufacturer for that matter) prove that the aftermarket produce caused the failure.

I did retain a lawyer and we sent a couple of demand letters to no avail. My only option was to sue them in Federal Court which is a long and expensive process. I wasn't willing to tie up that kind of money due to a pending move and and upcoming retirement so since they obviously have more money than most of us for legal fees, they called my bluff. I would never buy from that dealership or use that service department again.