I really hate drivers of the previous gen Subaru WRX STi. What a bunch of morons

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really hate drivers of the previous gen Subaru WRX STi. What a bunch of morons

First off, the cars are just ugly. There's not one nice thing about those cars. Ugly on the outside, ugly on the inside, and they sound like crap when people put exhausts on them.

For some reason, the idiots that drive those cars always mess with me. I'm not sure what about by B6 says "I'm fast, and I want to race you," but they always try to egg me on. Nothing, absolutely nothing about my car says it's fast or that it has anything done to it to make it fast. I still have a badge on the back that says A4, and except for wheels in the summer, that's the only thing that's different on the outside.

Driving home from NY tonight. I'm on 95 South in Maryland. I'm cruising along at my usual 85-90 minding my own business. This STi pulls on, and immediately is all over me. He's trying to race. He's blipping the throttle, speeding up, slowing down, the whole 9 yards. I'm like WTF. I just ignore him. I mean, is he serious? An A4 w/stock wheels (and winter tires on them, not that he could tell) is going to race this guy. Really? I ended up schooling him when we came up to some traffic. Oh boy, was he really on a rampage then! But once traffic cleared up, I just sat there and minded my own business. It was about 20-25 miles of this before his exit came up.

This isn't the first time an STi guy has tried to mess with me. And it's only the previous generation econobox ones, not the curent ones, which are actually nice cars.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

girlfriend: go to sleep. wake up in the morning. then come back and re-read what you wrote.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:22 PM

Default Maybe he sees that you are a crazy terrorist and would be willing to race. :P

Or maybe its just the fact that you are going that fast which of course means you must be willing to go faster to race some D-bag. I don't get those F-ers either, no matter what car they drive. Racing on public roads is so stupid and really only verifies who is willing to drive faster, or more illegally (not sure if that's a real word since there a 4 ls but I'm using it anyway :P).
Old 03-05-2009, 09:26 PM

I don't see your point.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:34 PM

Default If I see you, I'll be sure to mess with you. You know, to break the stereotype. ;)

I run into that a lot too. Especially the Maryland beltway for some reason. Annoying as hell to be passing someone and then have them stick to the right side of your car for miles.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You don't drive the previous gen model, so you don't fit the bill.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I don't either.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default See, I get that people see me going fast and want to keep up with me...so that I fish out cops

for them. I usually catch on to that nonsense real quick and slow down (no brakes) to 65 or whatever the speed limit is, then set cruise until they get annoyed enough with me and move on. I get that. I do that to people all the time. Only they're not usually smart enough to back off. They're too stuck on proving that they're fast that they want to stay in front of me. Fine by me. You fish out the cops and get the tickets, I'll use you and my V1 as protection. It's a win-win.

But to actively circle my car and blip throttle and do things to try to provoke me in to racing you? Come on. Go find another STi or an EVO and do that crap. Or at least a stage 3 S4 for Pete's sake, not a friggin A4!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:47 PM

Default Totally agree.

I prefer to have someone be my "radar detector" by leading the way. But if no one is willing I will take the lead but I will keep it about 10 over to be safe.

The whole provoking thing is just so ridiculous to me.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ok, lets step back a bit and approach it from a slightly diff perspective... :)

<i>"I'm cruising along at my usual 85-90 minding my own business."</i>

What's the typical 85 percentile traffic speed on I-95 now a days? 75~80mph (guessing here)? I take it you were a fast mover relative to rest of everybody else, zipping along at a pretty good clip? And the relative velocity difference is fast enough to be pretty apparent to everyone on the road? (ie: not just slightly faster, as to blend in.) So right there, intentionally or not, you're already drawing attention of everyone else on the road. Dude, I convoyed with you before.

<sub>(Yes, yes. I know you have HPDE experience under your belt. Looking ahead, not weaving about, responsible and won't put others in danger. I would say most HPDErs, beyond the novice group, already have more skills than most of other drivers on the public road. But if there're sufficient speed differential, it's still attention grabbing, independent of the how safe the car/driver combo.)</sub>

Ok, yeah, some punk kid in XYZ car caught that attention, and thinks you're a 'player' like one of them. They come over to wanting to play with you. Despite you ignoring them at first, they really would like you to play with them...

<i>"I ended up schooling him when we came up to some traffic."</i>

So you played with them, and taught them, while there are other traffic around...

Now here's the pt I was trying to make orig...
Imagine it was not you, Jimax, who made this post. But instead, some user named (conjuring up a username...) <b>KillaWingzVtecYoPeace!</b> pop'd up on AWMA, and posted:
- 85~90mph on I-95, middle of night
- Some ugly car wanna mess with me
- schooled them in traffic
- he got so rampaged &amp; pissed, I could smell that the rice in his tank had gone vinegar! (ok, that last part was for effect...)

Now, had someone came in and posted that... How would AWMA normally react? How would Jimax normally react to this? I'm gonna guess a whole **** load of lecturing on "slow the F down", "street racing is the dumb", or "show us how slow you really are at HPDE instead!".... ?

---
Jim buddy. I know you like to cruise faster than many others. I know you got V1, and despite being noticeably faster than rest of traffic, majority of the time, you're safe and aware about it. That's fine. But be aware of the fact that you WILL draw attention: from sirens (your eyes and V1 are peeled), and from other traffic... that include ALL the 'punk' drivers out there (regardless if they're in a sh!tbox, R8, Miata, AMG, Eurovan, or fugly 1st gen 'scooby') Many of these 'punks' will wanna play. So you ignore them, like you started to. But some punks are more persistent than others.... (you know where this is going from here, so i'll stop

Quick Reply: I really hate drivers of the previous gen Subaru WRX STi. What a bunch of morons