Miscellaneous - Archive The place to buy, sell, and trade anything non-Audi related.
Mark this thread as Unsold

CHP 11-99 Foundation License Plate Frame

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHP 11-99 Foundation License Plate Frame

Hi all,

I am selling my extra CHP 'Classic Level' 11-99 Foundation License Plate Frame. Those of you in California will most likely know what this is. Have had a second plate for a few years now, mounted it on the front of my car for a couple months but didn't like the look. For the most part, it has been sitting inside and is pretty much like-new. Note: This is the older plate frame style used from around 2011-2016 and is not the most recent design. Let me know if you have any questions.

Great Q&A taken from another forum:

Q2. Is this thing legitimate?
A2. Yes, it is the real deal - AUTHENTIC from the 11-99 foundation.

Q3. Does the badge and/or wall plaque come with it?
A3. No. Because they are personalized, they would do you no good.

Q4. Don't I need the badge to prove my membership if asked by a CHP officer? I read a story on some guy didn't have the badge and got into some deep s**t.
A4. First, 11-99 is a private non profit organization, NOT a government entity. The license frame is simply a gift for making a cash donation. It is NOT illegal in any way, shape, or form to possess this frame, nor does possession imply any special privilege. CHP or any other law enforcement have no legal right whatsoever to hassle you over your membership.

Q5. This is basically a "get out of tickets" thing, right?
A5. Yes, No, and Maybe. First, any local/municipal/out of state law enforcement officer won't give a rat's *** about your 11-99 frame. You will get NO special treatment from local law enforcement, ever. With respect to CHP, the answer is: it depends. I have been stopped with the frame on my car only once, and I was let go. The officer specifically referenced the license plate frame as the reason he let me go. While that is just 1 CHP officer out of 10,000, that alone should speak volumes. And for the record, he did NOT ask to see any special badge or membership card. Displaying this frame on your car MAY increase the chances of you receiving a warning in lieu of a citation from the CHP. However, leniency may depend entirely on the severity of your crime. If you were doing 120mph racing 3 cars, I would expect you to be arrested, with or without this frame.

Q6. How many do you have?
A6. One

Q7. What condition is it in?
A7. 9/10 lightly used, like new.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Asking $300 OBO