Miscellaneous - Archive The place to buy, sell, and trade anything non-Audi related.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Good Car Shipping Company?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Car Shipping Company?

Hello all,

I just purchase a 2007 A8L W12 from a private seller. Do any of you have a recommendation for an fordable yet reliable car shipping company? I've found some via google but I was curios if anyone has experience doing this.. I will say this is the first time that I'm buying a car and having it shipped.

all info helps!

thanks again.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

curious*
Old 09-14-2015, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I shipped mine coast to coast. Maryland to Los Angeles. They got car to me in one day less than expected and everything turned out ok. Price was very reasonable for such a long distance.
Try getting quote from Able Auto Transport. Hope they can help at reasonable price.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Angels Moving Autos

They're all brokers basically.
This company did a good job of communicating with me.
Northern California to Bellingham Washington about $800
http://www.angelsmovingautos.com/
Old 09-15-2015, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
I shipped mine coast to coast. Maryland to Los Angeles. They got car to me in one day less than expected and everything turned out ok. Price was very reasonable for such a long distance.
Try getting quote from Able Auto Transport. Hope they can help at reasonable price.
IknowHuhA6,

thanks for your response, is this the company you've used before?.

Thanks all for the reply so far.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SLKracken
IknowHuhA6,

thanks for your response, is this the company you've used before?.

Thanks all for the reply so far.
Yes I used them. Maryland to Los Angeles for $1300. They are brokers also as DufferDude mentioned. So regardless of who you use, they farm the job out to whichever transporter is available to take job based on pick-up day, area and route.

I also made sure a photo was taken and emailed to me of car before it was loaded onto truck.

I was given a choice of pay in full up front, or pay 300 down, and remainder on delivery with Cashier's check only. Shop around, and make sure you understand how claims for any damages are processed if something happens to go wrong. Good luck
Old 09-15-2015, 10:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
Yes I used them. Maryland to Los Angeles for $1300. They are brokers also as DufferDude mentioned. So regardless of who you use, they farm the job out to whichever transporter is available to take job based on pick-up day, area and route.

I also made sure a photo was taken and emailed to me of car before it was loaded onto truck.

I was given a choice of pay in full up front, or pay 300 down, and remainder on delivery with Cashier's check only. Shop around, and make sure you understand how claims for any damages are processed if something happens to go wrong. Good luck
Yeah I understand how that all works. I'm just looking for someone who's had a good experience with a specific company. I'll be getting everything on paper to protect me in the event that something unforeseen happens(hopefully nothing happens!! god I would cry!!! this is my first Audi!). The private seller will snap photos for me before they arrive and as they load it. I'll most likely request that the driver does too! I'll make another post once I see how it all goes...

Thanks again all!