Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

"I'm in support of insurers denying track-related claims. It's common sense."

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Rest In Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "I'm in support of insurers denying track-related claims. It's common sense."

Figured some of you might be interested in this debate. Maybe I'm all wet for thinking that it doesn't do any good to post the plate, but this guy thinks otherwise. Just make sure that he's not at your track events if you bin it...<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/241994.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/241994.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 04-27-2005, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default What's the problem ? I agree with that.

The track, whether DE or racing, is certainly a higher risk environment that is the street. Don't ask me and my street insurance premiums to subsidize somebody else's 'playtime at the track'.

I've only sampled a bit of the thread you linked, but I disagree with the position you took in the exchange with Admiral Sheetmetal.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Everything I can possibly say in response has been said in that thread.

Your policy likely already covers DE incidents, so there's no implicit request for a subsidy.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Then why did you start a thread over here...

....and what the hell does "Your policy likely already covers DE incidents, so there's no implicit request for a subsidy" mean ?

Next time, before you hit 'submit', you might want to add a phrase like "Please only reply if you agree with me" to the bottom of it. You'll save everyone a lot of time.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Rest In Peace

Default Easy there, killer. I was cross-posting here because people who frequent this forum

may be interested in that debate (not everyone patrols the B6 S4 forum). Reply here if you want to, but there's no point in me cross-posting my replies here as well. I just said to you that anything I would want to say in response to your comment has already been said by me in that thread.

You previously said:

"The track, whether DE or racing, is certainly a higher risk environment that is the street. Don't ask me and my street insurance premiums to subsidize somebody else's 'playtime at the track'."

I responded that "your policy likely already covers DE incidents, so there's no implicit request for a subsidy." In other words, I wasn't asking you to subsidize somebody else's playtime at the track because your insurance policy (and his, and mine) likely already covers it. No request for a subsidy. It was a direct reply to your statement.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:51 PM

Default I think insurance should cover it.

Everyone I know that's attended a DE is a better, safer driver for it. I know of a couple of kids who have scaled their street racing back or stopped altogether because of track days. I'll go a step further and say that insurance should offer a discount to those who've completed driver's ed events.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default We're not in a vacuum here...

Dress it up anyway you'd like, but in the other thread you were, at the least, advocating turning a blind eye on insurance fraud. Is there another way to read that exchange ? I think not.

My policies don't cover it, and you don't know about the guy in the Porker. If he attempts to recover, even if his policy disallows it, then he's asking me to subsidize him.

I have some ethical concerns about your posts in that thread.

This is a 'forum'. If you just want to post an opinion, try here:
http://www.viacomoutdoor.com/media.php?mediaId=128<ul><li><a href="http://www.viacomoutdoor.com/media.php?mediaId=128">A great place to post opinions without that messy 'debate' part...</a></li></ul>
Old 04-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Rest In Peace

Default My lone point the entire time has been that it's not cool to post pics of the license plate.

Even if his policy covers it, pics like that on in a thread about wrecking at the track are likely to hinder his claims process. It's not about fraud, it's about common courtesy.

I don't know why you want me to cut &amp; paste my responses here, but I've addressed all of these comments in the other thread. I'm not afraid of a debate - just replying to you that I've already said all I can say, regardless of whether you get it or not.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Rest In Peace

Default Oh, a discount would be sweet. I'd love to know how to push that idea along.

Someone had to be the first to request discounts for driver's ed...
Old 04-27-2005, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I disagree with you.

It's not about "common courtesy" - that's just a convenient window-dressing to cover up the core of the matter.

Quick Reply: "I'm in support of insurers denying track-related claims. It's common sense."