Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

"I'm in support of insurers denying track-related claims. It's common sense."

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Rest In Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Actually, yes. I do know someone who was denied. IIRC, pics of his wreck hit the intardnet...

I'm not even going to bother responding to your "survey" results. That's a subject for a different thread (EDIT - separate thread started, see above).
Old 04-28-2005, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default A few threshold questions...

Who was it, where and when did it happen ? Since it was posted on the internet, and there was a claimed 'refusal' by the insurance company, there should be no problem identifying the parties.

Please post your raw data so that we can all draw our own conclusions.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:02 AM
Rest In Peace

Default I'm not going to identify the person or the track or the event

because he may still be fighting about it with the insurer. His claim is none of my business, so who am I to post details about it online for everyone else to read? That would be entirely hypocritical of me, and I'm not falling for it. Sorry. Believe me or don't. I don't really care. I'll maintain my viewpoint that other people's license plates don't belong in posted photos without the owner's permission. If you're a track guy like Steve indicated above, I would expect you to show a little respect to your fellow track guys and not try to call them out into the open. If they choose to discuss the details of their event online, then that's their choice.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Elder Member

Default I've never gotten the license plate thing..... you see my car parked in the street, you can read

the plates....
Old 04-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Think about it in the context of an accident, not just on the street.

If someone posted your car (and the plate) all balled up and gave some commentary about how it happened with which you might disagree, you might be a little bent out of shape if your insurance company tried to use that against you. However, if the plate was cropped and you weren't otherwise identified, that picture and the accompanying commentary is useless.

If people want their commentary on an accident to be considered, they ought to go on record with the insurance company or the police. Otherwise, the claimant is fighting an uphill battle against statements he can't corroborate or discredit because he doesn't even know who's making them. Plus, the mere implication of wrongdoing by the poster may be enough to stall an otherwise smooth claims process.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Actually, yes. I do know someone who was denied. IIRC, pics of his wreck hit the intardnet...

OW

What is the "intardnet"?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:45 AM

Default I know for a fact that AoA used audiworld posts to deny warranty work.

Basically the guy came on talking about his on track exploits...blown turbos warranty work was denied.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You've mis-stated my position twice now...

...as well as trying to deflect the core debate several times. When I pointed this mis-statement out to you the first time, I assumed (politely...) that you just weren't paying attention. Now that you've gone there a second time, I know it's intentional. Are you incapable of continuing this discussion ? I've never taken a position on 'posting pictures' or crash info on the internet. That's not what this is about.

Try steering back to my original post in this thread, and then all my follow-up posts.

You started this whole thread after you had run out of steam and ideas on that other thread on the B-something forum. You were shopping for additional advocates for your position to join you on that other thread, after you'd been taken to the woodshed by Capt. Sheetmetal, and only found me. Too bad. Back to the shed.

Crashers who try to conceal the fact that their damage occured at a race track are, at best, unethical and, at worst, committing fraud. There have been prosecutions for insurance fraud involving track-crash repairs in the past. If their policy allows coverage, then they shouldn't conceal the facts of the incident. If their policy specifically excludes track damage, then they're asking me to subsidize them.

You now have used a classic form of a "fallacy of logic", namely that of 'anonymous authority' - "I know him, but I won't reveal it". That would get you punted out of any freshman Philosophy or Logic classroom. See: http://www.datanation.com/fallacies/anon.htm
If you can't defend it, don't post it. You just said "It's none of my business"...so it seems that you don't really know anything about it. Again, you're just speculating. You're hypocracy is spreading, as you've already scolded someone in another thread for not posting enough data to satisfy you. Bull****. Back to Junior High for you.

Finally, I had no idea that there was a fraternity and secret handshake between what you describe as 'track guys'. If that's how they think, then I want no part of their club.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well said.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I think you can learn a lot at DE events to make you a better driver, but there's another .....

.... component that goes beyond training and into just plain fun and driving fast. Running down a straight at 115 MPH does not teach you anything that you will ever need to know on the streets. That's a risk profile that the insurers are NOT factoring into their pricing.

I have no stats to back this up, but I have to believe that <b>by the numbers that the insurance companies measure </b>the average DE participant is in the higher risk brackets to begin with. It's the combination of youth, enthusiasm and a performance car.

Quick Reply: "I'm in support of insurers denying track-related claims. It's common sense."