Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Anyone going to Petite Le Mans at Road Atl. this weekend? A4s will be racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-1998, 12:59 PM
Enzo

Default Anyone going to Petite Le Mans at Road Atl. this weekend? A4s will be racing

I know for a fact that A4s will be racing: Local TV did an interview in front of one.<br>Myself, I will not be making the journey. <p>Enzo<p>
Old 10-09-1998, 02:13 PM
Phillip Taylor

Default Re: Anyone going to Petite Le Mans at Road Atl. this weekend? A4s will be racing

Enzo, I'm here at RA. There is an A4 1.8t being driven by Piere Kleinubing & Mike Peters sponsored by Champion Porsche/Audi. It was a little off the pace in this morning's practice session (1:47:2's against 1:44.0's). Piere is VERY fast driver though so I would look for them to be force in the race.<p>The Total Audi Performance A4 could not be repaired in time to compete. The car was crashed hard at Sebring a couple of weeks ago (see thread in the racing section for pictures). The car needed some major suspension components that apparently don't exist in the United States! <p>It's a GREAT weekend for racing. The factor Porsche GT1 car is here and just blistered qualifying for the Petite LeMans. There's a strong field of 31 cars for the 10 hour or 1000k race that starts tomorrow at 10:00am.<p>The Speedvision Race also has a strong field of 42 cars. They race on Sunday at 2:45pm. I'll be working with the Toyota Supra Team of Van Cleef racing. <p>The weather looks great so I encourage all that can to come on down!
Old 10-09-1998, 03:39 PM
Bob B

Default No, I live in Calif., but I'll be going to the Laguna Seca FIA GT Races in two weeks !

No, I live in Calif., but I'll be going to the Laguna Seca FIA GT Races in two weeks !<br>Sure wish I was going to Road Atlanta however.<br>Enjoy yourself.<br>I've been watching & listening to the Petite LeMans website this week and will follow the race live on the WebCast tomorrow (Saturday)<p>Bob B<br>98.5 2.8 QTS
Old 10-09-1998, 03:45 PM
Bob B

Default Check out; www.petitlemans.com

Check out; www.petitlemans.com <br>for live coverage of the race on Saturday 10/10/98, photos , interviews, specs. schedule, etc.<br>Awesome site!!<p>Bob B
Old 10-09-1998, 09:33 PM
Mike Zamarocy

Default Re: No, I live in Calif., but I'll be going to the Laguna Seca FIA GT Races in two weeks !

I will be at Lagun too!