Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Anyone here running the NASA 25 hour?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here running the NASA 25 hour?

I'll be running with PDQ motorsports with Roger Foo, Tom Lepper, Andrie Hartano, Mike Quan and Mike DaVirro in a new Civic similar to the one they won E2 with last year.

Anyone else going to be in that race?
Old 10-14-2005, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Remote possibility

In an Evo though... go figure.

BTW, missed you at Buttonwillow. I did the normal Time Trial thing, it was a fun weekend. I saw your buddy in the red radical, very nice guy, but a little off pace. He sort of ruined a lap for me on Saturday afternoon; I almost had a radical tailpipe in my grill... still fun though
Old 10-14-2005, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

what track is it at?
Old 10-14-2005, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

t-hill
Old 10-14-2005, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My friend Navid is...

With a bunch of ringers....well...Tony Colicchio, Justin Hall (current points leader in SM), and Marshall Pruett (coach). They are gonna be in an STI...its gonna rain you know. :-)
Old 10-14-2005, 12:19 PM

Default What's something like that cost?

Email me some specifics if you don't feel like making the info public. I'm not looking to do this race but I'd like to rent an enduro ride in the future...sounds like a lot of fun.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default totally depends on the team you're racing with...

$2-5k?

Thing is though, many of the teams are all "rentals" rather than cost sharing and they get a mixed bag of drivers and crew and sort of drive around in between working in the pits. If you want to be at the pointy-end of a class, you really need to know who you're driving with and whose managing the team.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default yeah...

we have been unhappy with our motors and were out there two weeks before and knew this thing was on its way out but our other motor is also broken. I got a plan to get a good durable one built out of my original motors by George Dean but we figured what the hell, we'll go run this one till it blows up.

Got there on Friday, did a 1:54:4 right out of the box and some of the suspension work we'd done indicated that we should be able to get that thing in the 52s...did a couple of sessions and the motor totally went away and we were getting oil/coolant in the breather and saw gold nuggets in the oil tank d'oh! Was very happy with the car but at least that motor gave up on Friday when we could still salvage a weekend. Basically the key was to do the exact opposite of every recommendation that Radical had and next is to try zero droop and getting some preload into the front.

Terry (the guy with that Radical) has a lot of work to do because his car is kind of hacked-up. We'll get his car sorted but it's going to take a while for him to get comfortable in it. He told me his best was in the 2:14 range and with his configuration (lightweight car) he should be in the 1:51-1:52 but he is a track-day guy who is out there having fun and realistic about his current experience. These cars are either horrible or fantastic with not much inbetween. We were way off in June due to a few suspension changes and the car was much harder to drive slower than it is to drive in the 54s with the new setup.

It's kinda funny because I sold my original ZX11 to Terry who was going to get it built but the motor builder wanted to start with that rather than the ZX10s so I bought it back from him heh.

What sucked was the car was so much fun to drive (finally) that I'm dying to take it back out and it looks like there was some good competition in the enduro but oh well.

Hopefully it's not pouring rain and 20 degrees at T-hill this year...a couple of years back when it was still the 12 hour, we didn't even want to get out of the motorhome ;-P
Old 10-14-2005, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Seems to be the trend...every other year...

it's a quagmire heh.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:32 PM

Default For the 25 hour race, how many drivers would there be and what's the schedule like?

How many of those 25 hours would a bullet proof car like a Civic be on the track? I suspect my M3 would last about 90 minutes if I'm lucky.

Quick Reply: Anyone here running the NASA 25 hour?