Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Anyone here running the NASA 25 hour?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks and good points.

We've addressed all of the above and your solutions are correct.

- Larger fuel cell with remote fueling (external).

- Lights/battery

- Dry sump (our car currently has this)

- Seats would be custom for each driver. Pedals would be a compromise.

- Total: 4-5 drivers.

Cheers.

Mike S
Old 10-15-2005, 11:05 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default geezus...

that post is truly too stupid to even bother responding to.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oh wow, *my milkshake (oil) brings all the boys to the yard!*

so I guess it's kinda done until next season.

I'll let you know how the enduro ride shakes out.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default yeah, there's some nasty stuff in there...

milkshake indeed...there was plenty of water in there too.

Actually it's just as well, I have a job offer that I can't refuse that's on top of running my company so am pretty busy and need a couple of months break. We were at the track 3 times in the last month and doing major changes inbetween so I could use some "tinkering" time...plus I still have things like getting the seat belt mounts re-welded for the 3" HANS thing and end of year maintenance like inspecting the fuel cell and cleaning the fuel pump/filter...the 25 hour gig is nice because I just have to fly in on Friday and fly out on Sunday night and just have to drive (so there's not much time commitment).

However, I'm looking forward to getting back on track next year and with a more sensible motor might have the option of running in SU as well as some of the enduros. We're also getting vastly better tire useage having gone the opposite of what Radical recommended for camber/toe etc.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:08 PM

Default I guess I misunderstood.

I thought from your first post that you were one of the drivers. How is this 'your team' as you implied or did I miss that too.

No need to be so obnoxious to NASA Racer. He has a bunch of experience and was offering helpful hints. Yes, you are not the only one who has heard of Pobst. OTOH, I doubt that he has much enduro experience with chain drive cars.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you need a "crew" for your car.

at least somebody to do the "dirty" work...change oil/tires/lube stuff/shake down the car....
Old 10-16-2005, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default just curious...isn't that car on the "fragile" side compared to the street car turned race cars?

fiberglass/carbon fiber vs. steel/aluminum won't be pretty.....

just curious.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:11 PM

Default It is not the materials

I wouild take carbon any day over steel for equivalent cars. The real issue in that mix is 800 lbs vs. 3000 and a height that makes it hard to see. If there is contact, the light sports racer will come out on the short end of that deal.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, I am Randy Pobst's agent and was in charge of putting the team together,

hence why I am involved in the team.

I put White, Pobst and two who cannot be mentiond yet together.

This is far from final, as the $$'s for some of this is still hinging on sponsorship.

50/50 chance as I write.

As for NASA, his statements came off as obnoxios and I repsoned accordingly. I have pointed out the Stohr's success vs Radicals in the past and been told I was "wrong" by him many times, against the facts of race results.

This latest post contained the obvious and while missing much. Writing that essentially a Stohr could not compete in the race goes against the thoughts of Randy, Mark and many others who have far more race experience than Pete does. After all, I specifically noted the car was being developed for this race. Pete apaprently chose to speed read and miss some facts.

Pete is welcome to his own view, even if it's incomplete or condecending. But his words and statements were about half accurate and quite presumptuos in this situation.

Mike S
Old 10-16-2005, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default But you did anyways......

I loved it when you second gueseds Pobst, White and people with far more experience than you.

You were very presumtpous in your post and, to me and a few others who read it, it came off condecending.

Where did I ever say the car would be stock? I specifically said the car was being developed for endurance racing. You missed that. Your bad, not mine.

As for you being frustrated with my post, all of my statements were fact. I'm sorry if the facts frustrate you.

PS- Mark White told me you ran off to the Rennlist and posted your newly heard info, so you must not have been too offended.

Mike S

Quick Reply: Anyone here running the NASA 25 hour?