Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Bad Day at Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-1998, 11:17 AM
Phillip Taylor

Default Bad Day at Sebring

Didn't know if anyone saw this picture from yesterday. I posted during the forum problem and it disappeared with the fix. The TAP Speedvision Team didn't fare that well in the 3 hour race this past weekend. Jeff Denmeade crashed hard into the turn 17 tirewall about 50 minutes into the race. Jeff had moved the A4 1.8t from its 11th starting position to 6th at the time of the accident and was fast catching 5th. Jeff is a former Australian Touring Car and Euro Rally driver. Don't shed any tears! The car is under repair as I type and will be ready to compete as part of the Petit LeMans weekend at Road Atlanta on Oct 10th. Thanks.
Old 09-24-1998, 11:23 AM
Phillip Taylor

Default Re: A GOOD Day at Sebring

Here's the car in a better mood!
Old 09-24-1998, 03:38 PM
Gary @ Ronal

Default Re: Bad Day at Sebring

Notice, the Ronal R-26's withstood the damage quite well. Too bad the driver didn't have more patience.<br>The TAP S-6, also in the race finished 5th I believe.
Old 09-24-1998, 07:30 PM
Phillip Taylor

Default Re: Bad Day at Sebring

You're right Gary .. no problem with the wheels! The S-6 did finish 5th after fighting a turbo bypass hose problem in the race and spending a lot of practice time adjusting to the new 110 octane leaded fuel (mandatory). That stuff LOVES to detonate oxygen sensors!<p>Once the downpour came around 1/2 way, the all-wheel drive of the S-6 served us well.<p>Jeff did get a tad anxious but this was his first race accident in a long time. We're sure hoping for good things at Road Atlanta ... the A4 LOVES that track.
Old 09-30-1998, 08:58 AM
Christian J. Long

Default I wish I knew about that race, I would have driven over to see it

I live in Orlando, so it's not far for me.<p>Christian