Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Have you guys seen this? I thought it would be posted already......new F60

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you guys seen this? I thought it would be posted already......new F60

<ul><li><a href="http://ferrari09-http.weebo.it/Ferrari_ready_eng/vt.html">http://ferrari09-http.weebo.it/Ferrari_ready_eng/vt.html</a</li></ul>
Old 01-13-2009, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Saw it the other day.....the wing sure looks small....will have to wait and see

how well it handles. It also looks more like the old red instead of the candy apple red it has been for the past couple of years.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hope Kimi deals with the setups on this one.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: new F60

The changes brought forth by the FIA to produce rules aimed at more overtaking on the track have resulted in the aero mods. The new neutral central profile front wing is a good example. To achieve the correct weight distribution, the suspension system and layout of the car has been significantly redesigned. The new design also incorporates other changes for the new season which include the reintroduction of slick tires and the KERS system. In all the photos that I've seen (including many hi-res)it almost appears that a touch of the Rosso Scuderia of the past is present and not as dark as a Rosso Fiorano. It appears that the winged mirrors are an extension of the barge board - that could prove quite interesting as they look a bit precarious and will definitely need to remain attached to the car for all this overtaking that is suppose to occur this year. They are already working on some technical problems which was not all unexpected with such a radical design. I don't like the looks of the small rear wing from the '80 on a 2009 car (again part of the overtaking regs)- it looks a tad unproportional. When I first saw photos of the F60 it reminded me very much of a new Catepillar road grader that went down our road last week.

It will be an interesting season as only 8 engines may be used over the 17 GP race weekends. For us, this is year #2 with no F1 races on our calendar (not even Spa!). :-(

Carol
Old 01-13-2009, 06:20 PM
TGK
AudiWorld Senior Member

The bbs wheel covers are beyond stupid, and the wing is also....
Old 01-13-2009, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Few of us are planing a trip to Spa. Any hints?

From some limited research general admission tickets seemplenty enough to see some good action. Anything you could share is appreciated.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default My observations...

I like the fact that they're going back to the slimmer hips. I like that there aren't any vent/gills/openings in the bodywork around the engine bay. The rear wing is not as bad as I thought it would be, but it'd be nice if they let the teams have at least two more elements. The front half of the car, from the "fire wall" forward, is just an abomination. It's absolutely THE worst looking thing I've seen since the Pacific PRO1. The FIA should be ashamed of themselves for what they've done to F1.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default They've run those for several years now and are quite functional...

It's not exactly a "new" concept as sporstscar teams were using them back in the eighties. They DO work, though.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Correct. The Porsche 956-962s used them.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default They couldn't afford real BBS, so they had to go for hubcaps.

I hear they're springing for spinner wheel covers for the Monza race.

Quick Reply: Have you guys seen this? I thought it would be posted already......new F60