Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

I did it!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I did it!!

This past weekend I secured the North Atlantic Road Racing Championship and the New England Road Racing Championship! I will have to tell you all about it but I'll do that in a followup since it is 1:30 and I need to go to bed. maybe I'll have my Brother post it since he usually rights to all of you! Going into the weekend I knew I had to finish 3rd or better and I did jsut that 3rd! It was a tough tough race with 4 cars all leading at one point in the last 2 laps alone! going into turn three at NHIS we went three wide on the last lap.... yes the last lap of a 20 lap race. All with different types of cars racing for 1st. I won't go into any more exciting detail until later! Anyway I am very excited since we still have three races left. It really is a dream come true and a summer I will never forget! So for the rest of the year I am going to let my brother use my car since it is faster and I am going to play around with his car. He doesn't know it yet but I guess my secret is out... enjoy Raymond!

anyway goodnight
Stephen
Old 08-26-2003, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

congratulations
Old 08-26-2003, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Nice work, Stephen...

Just make sure you have something left running for the NARRC Runoffs. Bigger kudos as you guys have managed to make the Audi's competitive. I still have memories of Fred Pignatauro (? I think) and some guys from Colorado blowing up ITB Audi coupes regularly in the early 90's. Don't know what you're doing...but keep doing it.

ITB continues to be one of the really strong battlegrounds in SCCA roadracing in the northeast. Really big grids & lots of really close racing, no matter where you are in the pack. Hope that continues...ITB was and is my spiritual home in SCCA roadracing. Haven't raced IT much since I ditched the Volvo and moved into sports racers, but still have a ratty VW ITB car for therapy. Those people who thing that they have to race big horsepower cars don't have a clue about what they can learn...and the level of competition...in small bore IT.

Congrats.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:43 AM

Default Thanks!

Ya I am going to give my brother my car fro the upcoming double at NHIS so he can try out the quaffe. It helped at that track by about 1.5 sec. so without it you are a top ten car at best. Then I get it back for the NARRC Runnoffs I still have to be really good to it and I'll probably be a little carefull since I don't need to win and in early Oct we are doing the 3 hr at watkins glen for fun. My brother Father and I go out and have a father son bonding weekend. It's pretty cool since 2 stops are mandatory we all get to drive the same car. Either way I hope to get another trophy at the runnoffs

Stephen
Old 08-27-2003, 01:28 PM

Good job man, congrats. :-)
Old 08-27-2003, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 3 Hour at the Glen...

Might do that in my ITB Golf...gotta check out the Supps first. Last year we were going to run the SSC Nissan, but we broke the LR wheel bearing in the last qualifying session right before the enduro started, so we were pooched. If they'll let us run one driver for 3 hours (and I'm lobbying the Glen Region hard for that), I'll run the Golf. Built it just for enduro's, so it's not fast...but it will go over 150 minutes on fuel.

Haven't seen Joel High this year...is he or Tim running the Rabbit ?
Old 08-27-2003, 07:24 PM

Default Re: 3 Hour at the Glen...

Joel has been rebuilding a new car. He had decided the silver one was not worth fixing after it got smashed up at Pocono last year. He has run one event this year. He used Dave Zaslows car at the Pocono double in May. Joel has always had a very fast VW, I wonder how quick his next one will be? i actually wouldn't be suprised if he came out for the runnoffs it has been 1 1/2 yrs since the old one was smacked up.

On another note I heard that the Glen three our might not be happening this year. do you know where there is any info on it.

Stephen
Old 08-28-2003, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's a go...

Had a few beers the other day with the Asst. RE of the Glen Region and we talked about the Driver's School/Enduro/Regional weekend. Not even a hint that there would be no enduro. The enduro weekend at Mosport was cancelled...maybe somebody got the message jumbled.

If you talk to Joel, tell him I've got 2 Rabbit GTI's to get rid of...1 is a rusty old ITB/ice racer, the other is a somewhat roachy street car. The price is right...

Amazing how fast he flings his Rabbit around, especially after he went to a welded-up diff.