Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Maybe it's just me...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Maybe it's just me...

But is Mark Weber kind of a dick?

I, for one, put him down as the culprit in the Turkey debacle, and this weekend in Britain it was more of the same.

Vettel tried to do a Shumacher on the start and squeezed Weber, but had the good sense to back out of it once Weber was alongside to give his teammate
some room. On the next corner, however, Weber decided to play chicken and won. He didn't leave Vettel any room, and basically pushed him off the track.

Of course, he did drive a positively brilliant race from then on, but his hard-headedness cost RBR a likely 1-2. If I were in charge of RBR, Weber wouldn't be the #2 driver - he'd be out on his ***. There are a lot of other guys who could do as well in that car without making everything personal and jeopardizing the team.

Too bad we didn't get to see what would've happened had he come up to lap Vettel...
Old 07-31-2010, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TVR1977
But is Mark Weber kind of a dick?

I, for one, put him down as the culprit in the Turkey debacle, and this weekend in Britain it was more of the same.

Vettel tried to do a Shumacher on the start and squeezed Weber, but had the good sense to back out of it once Weber was alongside to give his teammate
some room. On the next corner, however, Weber decided to play chicken and won. He didn't leave Vettel any room, and basically pushed him off the track.

Of course, he did drive a positively brilliant race from then on, but his hard-headedness cost RBR a likely 1-2. If I were in charge of RBR, Weber wouldn't be the #2 driver - he'd be out on his ***. There are a lot of other guys who could do as well in that car without making everything personal and jeopardizing the team.

Too bad we didn't get to see what would've happened had he come up to lap Vettel...
Sorry just saw your posting. Frankly I think Vettel is the d*ck. And his starts are terrible. I suspect Hungry start could end with both RB cars being off the track.