Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

some Mosport footage...<edited>

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 08:24 PM
TRM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default some Mosport footage...<edited>

sorry, previous vid i compiled omitted parts of the lap.

....of an aquaintance's STi...one full lap.

looks like a fun track.<ul><li><a href="http://www.marsavius.net/readers_vids/LePore-mosport.wmv">Rick @ Mosport: RC &amp; SA 12.2 MB</a></li></ul>
Old 07-13-2004, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default done this track 6 times (if you care, my critique of his line through each corner) ...

Turn 1 - almost perfect - a tiny bit early

Turn 2 - good turn-in (could carry more speed at the bottom and should track out to rumble strip)

Turn 3 - way, way too early - this is a very late apex which you track out onto negative camber rumble strip - you can hear his tires scrubbing - this cost him easily over 1 second

Turn 4 - looks good, a little too much initial turn-in

Turn 5A - setup for 5B is fine

Turn 5B - way too early, must stay very wide in the setup of 5B as he gets pushed wide and loses critical speed on the very long back straight - you can see this by the car in front of him pulling away that he just caught - very costly time error (at least 1 second maybe even 2)

Turn 6&amp;7 don't really exist

Turn 8 - looks good (in my S4, stage 3, if you have the nerve you crest the hill and into hard braking at almost 260kph

Turn 9 - too early - you can hear his tires scrubbing - this is an important corner as it sets up last turn (10) the front straight

Turn 10 - his best corner - perfect line - he tracks out to rumble strip getting maximum speed onto front straight

The 1:38 time with better corners 3&amp;5B would have been 1:35 - an excellent time for a street-car.