Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Weekend @ Texas World Speedway (long)

Old 10-05-1998, 10:41 AM
Warren Wang

Default Weekend @ Texas World Speedway (long)

Wahoo! Well a good number of A4s showed up at TWS this weekend. The weather was pretty good, aside from some very brief rain, which dried in about 10 minutes in the Texas heat. The event went fairly incident free except for one serious incident at the end of day one. No one was hurt though.<p>As for my own experience, with new swaybars and BFG R1's, it was like a different car than the first event. The car settles very quickly after turns, and sticks like glue. The only time it felt a little loose was when I ran 2 sessions back to back. <p>My most frightening experience was when I tried going full throttle from the end of the carousel, through a short straight, and right into a fast left hander. I usually back off the throttle going into it, but this time I went all out, and dropped 1 or 2 wheels off the course as I was drifting outward. <p>Most fun? When an M Roaster and I played tag-along for 3-4 laps. He was about 7 car lengths behind me, but would inch up on the long straight, and if I didn't do well in the road course he'd get a little closer too.<p>JayP, who has a modified 1.8tq sure as hell is fast in the road course. I can't keep up. If he has a good run, I lose a few car lengths a lap. He runs on R1's as well. I'm sure he'll post a review too. He's the only A4 that I couldn't keep up with or pass.<p>I got 200 miles on the track. Pretty damn good considering the price of $275.<p>98.5 Wett RamAir'ed Santorin Blue 2.8QMS