4/18 GTG... would you guys be willing to help me with a project?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4/18 GTG... would you guys be willing to help me with a project?

I'm still not sure if I am going to do this as a project and if I will attend the GTG, but I am writing a sociology paper on modified car culture.

If I brought along a camera would any of you guys be willing to answer a couple questions, which I might film? whatever you say only goes onto a CD that will be seen by me/my class/my professor.

It would be great, as most of my classmates are not familar with any car scenes or with the culture.

a couple questions for you guys to think about, and if you have any responses that u could put on the board that would be awesome:

- other than an object that takes you from point A to B, what does your car mean to you?

- do you see your car in a particular "taste" or "class" category?

- do you see your car as art? as fashion? as functional? what kind of balance of these do you see your car as?

thanks so much!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: 4/18 GTG... would you guys be willing to help me with a project?

I hope this helps you out!!!

- other than an object that takes you from point A to B, what does your car mean to you?
well for me my car means so much to me considering it is my first audi and i have fallen in love with audi as a car company, just from the sheer design aspect of the car. The way the body of the car flows and the interior is far superior than american cars and japanese cars IMO.

- do you see your car in a particular "taste" or "class" category?
I see my car in the higher end class even though it may only be a A4 2.8 i see it as a higher end car. The looks and expressions i get from people is amazing. But i see my car as i higher end car.

- do you see your car as art? as fashion? as functional? what kind of balance of these do you see your car as?
I see my car as a art form, (you will have to see my paint job to get it) but i did it as a way to make it flow and and bring out certain aspects of the car which i like. I can sit and stare at it all day and never get bored. My car is a part of me. I value it as much as i would my own child.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Hey man, I'm happy to help you if you want, give me a call. My car is in the shop this week.