A4 quattro wagon, need parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 quattro wagon, need parts

Hi,

Hoping I can get some help/guidance with parts for my 2000 A4 quattro wagon. I just bought it, and it needs some tlc, previous owner just didn't really put much effort into it's cosmetic maintenance, and let some things go. Incidentally, I got it for a pretty good price as a result.

I would like to replace the lower door moldings, found different prices online, ecs had the cheapest, but not sure if it's original? As well, saw different feedback about how many clips required per molding, the site advises 6 per molding for front, and 5 per for rear, but a review suggested an extra clip per molding. Also looking for a visor clip for the passenger sun visor, top arm rest for the center console, a cargo cover (tan interior). I don't need brand new, so if there are used/salvage yards online or wholesale sites, etc, I'd love to get connected to a few. I'll certainly look locally, here in southeastern Massachusetts, as well.

Also, any thoughts about seat repair? I'll post pics, but the bottom seat leather is torn, previous owner put duct tape on it, ugh. Thinking seat cover for now, but have never used a seat cover on any previous cars, so not really sure what options exist.

Does anyone advise putting a wanted parts list in the classifieds here, or craigslist? Seems like a crap shoot, so don't want to waste time if there are pro sites that supply everything needed new or used.

Thanks
I appreciate any guidance, first audi
Old 09-25-2012, 07:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Where you able to find any of the parts you are looking for yet? I recently used some door mouldings from Germanauotparts.com and they worked well. I did not need any clips, usually the small white clips on the bottom of the door survive.

For your torn seat cover, you may want to find a replacement seat in the same color. It may be cheaper and quicker than buying a new seat cover from Audi.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi,

I did grab some all weather mats from www.audipartssuperstore.com, they were the cheapest I could find $99.95 for B5 audi mats. And I did replace the lower door molding, bought them from ECS tuning, picked up new clips, so I replaced those as well. The molding was much easier to replace than expected, although the previous owner of my A4 did not consider what mess gluing the molding in place would result. I got a newer center console, and put that in, looks so much cleaner now, just a few details really make a difference. Unfortunately I accidentally broke the plastic clip or rectangular part that e-brake cover locks into. So now the e-brake handle cover is slightly loose.

I'm still on the hunt for a driver's seat, yeah you're probably right, but finding one has been difficult. I'll have to try a little harder I suppose. Otherwise a cargo cover would be nice, and new speakers to improve the non-bose system sound. Finding it difficult to find info on the speakers.

also, my driver's side mirror (glass) is completely delaminating, where it was a brownish tint is now clear and streaked. Water seems to have gotten behind, the plastic frame that holds the glass appears cracked which I'm guessing is the culprit. That has proven quite challenging to figure out exactly what glass I have, and what the heck to replace it with, that's not $275!

I'm close to having the 12 year old A4 Avant somewhat revived, from a somewhat uncaring owner. She claimed to love the car, nearly cried when I bought it, but yet the car was a mess! I had to do the ABS module, rear brakes (pads and rotors), timing belt, secondary water pump, fuses replaced, tail light bulbs, air filter, temp gauge sensor, interior and exterior detailing. A lot of work, but it drives awesome and is looking better now than it probably has in years!!

I'll post some pics when it's really dialed in

Thanks
Chris