Audi dealership in Burlington is ruining Audi’s for me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi dealership in Burlington is ruining Audi’s for me!

Hello!

I've been a big fan of Audi's for a long time. I had a 2000 A4 back in the A4.org days! (I'm not even sure people will remember that far back, circa 1999).

Recently I decided that I wanted another Audi. My wife and I decided on a 2012 A4 Avant. Back in December we went to trade in our SUV for an A4 Avant at an Audi dealership in Burlington. They didn't have what we wanted so they said they'd do “a locate” and promised me (which they now deny they promised me) verbally that they'd find me a car by the end of December. A deal was agreed upon, deposit left. On the contract they wrote "based on December availability" or something to that affect, but assured me that they could get the car.

Fast forward to the second week of January 2012, no car. They said they'd offer me a car coming in towards the beginning of March. Then they said, please come in and we'll work on re-signing papers. Ok. I went in and they said, well, since you're going to keep driving your trade in and we can’t predict the value of your car in March it will probably be worth about a couple grand less when March rolls around.

Honestly, this upsets me. I typically buy new cars for my extended family 1 or 2 times a year. Even with my last car, I made a deal, involving a trade-in, the car got delayed 5 months! For 5 months, I drove my “traded in” car around and put miles on it. I went to trade the car in when my new car arrived with 3-4K extra miles on it 5 months after we had made the initial deal. No problems at all.

They now want to redo the deal because they failed to deliver what they promised when they promised? Even if the car comes in 3 months after the initial deal, I’ve never had a dealership make a deal, then come back and say they are changing the terms of the deal. Shame on me for signing something that said “based on December availability”!

Has anyone else had a similar experience? It's very frustrating to negotiate a deal, just to be told that I have to negotiate all over again while costing me potentially thousands of dollars! Am I being unreasonable?

Trying to get back into an Audi,
Todd
Old 01-13-2012, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by ToddM
They didn't have what we wanted so they said they'd do “a locate” and promised me (which they now deny they promised me) verbally that they'd find me a car by the end of December. A deal was agreed upon, deposit left.
Todd, it's called "taking you out of the market" with an unfulfillable promise of an imaginary car! They have to do it; they know that you will get a car somewhere else if left to pursue it on your own

Call Herb Chambers directly and tell him how you've been treated. I hear and see his BS on TV and radio every day about how they are number one in customer service, how much they care about you, how much they want to earn your business and all that hooey.

Do you feel like #1 right now?
Old 01-13-2012, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Ha

I certainly don't feel like number 1 now! I feel like the car coming in March is real, but the thing that irks me is not knowing the deal. I hate having loose ends.

If anyone on this board knows of a new A4 Avant with a black interior and navigation, please let me know!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you really want customer service and great sales people - Go to Audi Westwood.Yes .. I know it is a hike.
No games there . Pricing is extremely reasonable if you push a little. I visited every dealer in Mass, till I found these guys who would respect you.

Another dealership I found in the area who treats customer really well is Audi Nashua . But could be competitive on pricing on the model I was looking for .
Old 01-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hello!

I've been a big fan of Audi's for a long time. I had a 2000 A4 back in the A4.org days! (I'm not even sure people will remember that far back, circa 1999).

Recently I decided that I wanted another Audi. My wife and I decided on a 2012 A4 Avant. Back in December we went to trade in our SUV for an A4 Avant at an Audi dealership in Burlington. They didn't have what we wanted so they said they'd do “a locate” and promised me (which they now deny they promised me) verbally that they'd find me a car by the end of December. A deal was agreed upon, deposit left. On the contract they wrote "based on December availability" or something to that affect, but assured me that they could get the car.

Fast forward to the second week of January 2012, no car. They said they'd offer me a car coming in towards the beginning of March. Then they said, please come in and we'll work on re-signing papers. Ok. I went in and they said, well, since you're going to keep driving your trade in and we can’t predict the value of your car in March it will probably be worth about a couple grand less when March rolls around.

Honestly, this upsets me. I typically buy new cars for my extended family 1 or 2 times a year. Even with my last car, I made a deal, involving a trade-in, the car got delayed 5 months! For 5 months, I drove my “traded in” car around and put miles on it. I went to trade the car in when my new car arrived with 3-4K extra miles on it 5 months after we had made the initial deal. No problems at all.

They now want to redo the deal because they failed to deliver what they promised when they promised? Even if the car comes in 3 months after the initial deal, I’ve never had a dealership make a deal, then come back and say they are changing the terms of the deal. Shame on me for signing something that said “based on December availability”!

Has anyone else had a similar experience? It's very frustrating to negotiate a deal, just to be told that I have to negotiate all over again while costing me potentially thousands of dollars! Am I being unreasonable?

Trying to get back into an Audi,
Todd
Avoid Herbchambers in general One of the BMW units - Made me lose 1000 of manufacturer incentives by changing the deal at the last moment. I am glad I could walk out.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Update:

Unfortunately it didn't go well. The bottom line was from the time of the original deal to when I went in to finalize the deal, my car had aged 7 weeks and 1500 miles. According to them, that translated into ~2500 dollars of difference in the deal. The dealer then stated that I could get a rebate for trading in my Lexus for an Audi of 1000, so the real difference would be ~1500. This was later found to be not true, since the rebate doesn't apply to A4 Avants.

I have emails stating "if you keep your car under XX miles, we'll keep the original trade in value and deal". I kept my car under the requested mileage and was told "that sales person had no authority to make that claim".

I requested my deposit back and left. I'll never go to that dealership again. I'd never recommend that dealership to anyone. I liked my sales guy, the last time I went in to finalize the deal he had "left his job to do something else", yet he was walking around the dealership?

Anyway, maybe if I can find the car I want I'll go buy it. I may wait for the 3 series wagon or go drive the X3 35. My father just got a 535 and I like that engine with the 8 speed transmission.

At any rate, thanks for the advice, I'll poke around at a few of the dealerships mentioned, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get the wagon I want now that they have stopped production. Oh well, perhaps I'll wait a year and get the All Road.

Sigh, buyer beware!

Cheers,
Todd
Old 02-07-2012, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Todd: How do you know a car salesperson is telling lies?

His/her lips are moving !

I liked my sales guy, the last time I went in to finalize the deal he had "left his job to do something else", yet he was walking around the dealership?
Todd, this sux. Sorry to hear about it, and sorry they tied you up for absolutely nothing. I really wish you would pen a note to Herb Chambers and let him know how you have been treated. It's wrong.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

I wrote a note to his son, who runs the dealership. That did no good.

Oh well, life goes on,I think I may have found a couple other wagons in MA.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used Ira Audi in Peabody and had a very good experience. Their service department is also the best I've used. Maybe go check them out -- I worked with Juan Tejada and would recommend him, very low pressure.

Good luck.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I also recently had a bad experience at Audi Burlington while shopping for a used S4 - maybe it was because I wasn't dressed to impress but the salesperson was insinuating that they didn't exactly have a car for me and that I would be doing them a favor to stop bothering them about even thinking of buying an S4. My wife felt the chilly reception as well. I watched online as one S4 sat for sale on their lot (which I inquired about while I was there) but was so put off by the experience that I ended up going out of state (Audi of Nashua) to buy one instead.

Quick Reply: Audi dealership in Burlington is ruining Audi’s for me!