DIY garage in the Boston area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:18 AM
smw
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY garage in the Boston area?

Does anyone know of a "do it yourself" type of garage in the Boston area where I could rent out some space to do some work on my 2002 A6 3.0? I live in Boston so I don't have a covered and dry place to do any work, specifically replacing the brake pads.

Also, anyone have an opinion on trying to do this work myself (time required for a first-timer) rather than bringing it in to a shop?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have used U-Do-It in Nashua more than once. You can do a long-ish term project in there too. Here is a link to the write up I did on AZ.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...t-in-Nashua-NH
Old 03-11-2010, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I used to drive by this place all the time when I was living in Nashua. I always thought in my head that an insurance company would never cover random people working with lifts in a garage so I didn't stop in. Now I wish I had.

I'll make the drive up from Chelmsford and check it out once I have some time, and parts to work with of course. This should save me a bunch of money in installation/repair costs and give me something to do on the weekends now that I no longer have a garage. Thanks for the writeup!

On a side note I just picked up my newest Audi: 2003 A4 1.8TMQ Sport. I have to admit, it's so nice to be back behind a wheel with four rings on it.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by allhailpoptart

I'll make the drive up from Chelmsford and check it out once I have some time, and parts to work with of course.
////////
I have to admit, it's so nice to be back behind a wheel with four rings on it.
Did you make it up to U-Do-It?

Glad you are back in the rings !
Old 03-22-2010, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jimmyn
Did you make it up to U-Do-It?
I haven't made it up yet. My toolbox with most of my car tools was stolen from outside my house last week. I had left it in front of the car with the hood up while fixing my headlights and went inside to wash my hands, came back and it was gone. I just got a new set this past weekend. I'm thinking about stopping up this weekend coming to talk to them and see what they're all about.

Originally Posted by jimmyn
Glad you are back in the rings !
Thanks! I've had a URS4 and an old 5000TQ in the past and they were amazing cars. I used to park in snowbanks at Umass with the 5000 just to see the look on people's faces. The A4 is quickly living up to be just as fun.