Henry's Auto Body Shop in NH for Audi's

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 04:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Henry's Auto Body Shop in NH for Audi's

Right now Geico is sending me to Henry's Auto Body in Manchester, NH to have my car inspected for a claim. I am not sure if they will make me use this place for repairs since this one is kind of major because I need to fix the spare tire well which was damaged from the bottom up. So my question is, are they reputable or any good? If not should I go elsewhere if Geico permits me? Geico only services NH, CT, and not MA and I'm in this area for a short period. Any comments would help me out, thanks.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:31 AM

Default They can't make you go anywhere specific for the repairs

You have the right to choose the shop of your preference - they CANNOT make you use theirs.

Having said that, Henry's has a decent reputation - I've not used them, because they do tend to be a bit expensive for minor work, but most folks I know that have used them are pleased.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Geico is only interested in saving themselves money...

They MAY have a deal with Henrys and get a good/cheap rate. NOTE: this is speculation and I have no experience w/ Henry's.

Chose a shop you are comfortable with and ask plenty of questions. Actually, get a quote from Henrys and then go get a quote of your own from wherever you want. That way you have something to compare to.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default what model/year Audi do you have?

The reason I ask is based on my recent experience with Dick's in Somerville MA. I understand you can't go there, but they come very recommended and they approach things in the right way (IMO). I have a 95 S6 and their approach with my repairs (since the car is 12+ years old) is to assume they will be replacing parts that have to be removed to fix the issues. For instance, The passenger side front door will have to be repainted and to do that they will have to remove the door trim pieces. They have factored in replacing them since they know that when they take them off, they will be a pain the butt to get back on right (given their age and other things). It is that "approach" that makes them so good at what they do. So, I would look for a shop that will take the same approach and remember that you don't have to settle for anything and there is always another shop willing to take your work if you aren't happy.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I wanted to go to Dick's when I needed a repair.

They were very nice and you can tell they have excellent standards.

Unfortunately, they stay very booked and I couldn't wait two months, so I went to Mike's in Malden.

Also very nice and they did a great job, especially when you factor in price.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

Yeah, I've heard of Dick's turning people away when they're booked with work =/