Looking to hire a new employee in my office. Anyone looking for a job?

Old 03-21-2007, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to hire a new employee in my office. Anyone looking for a job?

Or if you know anyone that is, please let me know. We need someone ASAP. It's an entry level position (read: the pay sucks) but has room for growth. Here is the add posted on craigslist. If you or anyone you know is interested, let me know.

-------------------------------------

Entry Level Account Management & Customer Service in Travel Industry ($30K + Health ins)

We are looking for a full time addition to our small team here in Boston. We are a supporting product for the travel industry. The position will entail working with clients that come to our office in Downtown Crossing, going to meet with corporate clients in the city and a lot of time on the phone.

We have a very strong client list, but it is getting too big to manage and we need someone that can help manage the clients. This will involve a lot of telephone based support, some data entry, visiting client's offices (usually within a few blocks). You MUST be articulate and professional both in person and over the phone. Must be computer literate (Word, Excel, etc). Position will also include assisting client relations manager (arranging meetings, following up on "to-do" lists, general support).

Must be a creative problem solver and people friendly. Position is very rewarding as we make clients happy every day, but can get rather stressful behind the scenes.

If this sounds like a good fit for you, let us know. Reply to the anonymous email address with the following:

Subject Line: Account Management Admin

Message: Include a little about yourself and why you think you would be a good fit (please don't use your standard introduction form letter that you are using for every job you apply for).

Resumes will be accepted in all standard formats (text, word, pdf, etc).

We will review applications this week, set up interviews starting this week and have you start ASAP.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:22 AM
CP

Default Seems to me like entry level salaries keep getting lower.

How can anyone afford to live in or around Boston on $30K? And pay car insurance, rent, food, and then hope to have anything left over?
Old 03-21-2007, 11:02 AM
DxC
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default yea isnt that crazy? 30k salary ... around 1k a month rent ... how do people live wow

i just graduated too but thank god i majored in something that i can get a decent starting salary with. i know people in hospitality and communications who went to college for 4 yrs and are getting paid UNDER 30 ... WTF?!
Old 03-22-2007, 04:38 AM

Roommates, parents, wife/husband, etc.--going solo, very difficult
Old 03-22-2007, 07:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pft... 30k is high. Try getting ito advertising..... you would start in the mid 20's.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default When I broke into the business at Y&R in '94 I made a mind blowing $19,500 starting off.

Luckily I was still living at home at the time.

I know the last agency I worked at started recent college grads off in the high $20's in year one. I am going to make sure that my son never gets into the business.