Po-Po report from I-90 West this afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Po-Po report from I-90 West this afternoon

This took place near the Worcester exit area.

First for me...black Malibu with tint but no antenna collection. Had a guy pulled over and tripped my radar detector, so I don't know if he was in mixed traffic with us or tucked off to the side when he tagged the guy.

I have to say I was quite surprised to see them in a Malibu -- Taurus, Crown Vic (of course), Tahoe SUV [all unmarked] is becoming normal. But a Malibu? Couldn't most of us just floor it an dump him? Not that any of us law-abiding do-gooders would think of such a thing, but even a Malibu SS isn't going to chase down much with any open roads in sight.

Keep your eyes open. Just an FYI from the highways and byways of MA.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you sure it was a malibu, or one of the new Impalas?

I have a malibu as a company whip... it's not the fastest thing on the road, but it'd catch up to a fast car ( well, if they ran out of gas or something....)
Old 08-30-2006, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Malibu for sure - I just returned a rental basher yesterday.

Plus even though he was standing by the guy's door writing a ticket, everyone still driving did the usual "slow down to 60" like he's got photo radar shooting all of us as we pass by or something.

So I had plenty of time to size up his stealth-mobile :-)
Old 08-30-2006, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yep, they just recently started using the Malibu's.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Outrunning the cops is easy. Outrunning the radio ain't so easy.

They're driving cheap cars because they know people won't run 99% of the time, and it's all about raising revenue (and maximizing the return on investment) anyways.

If they lose one person out of 100 because they were driving a slow piece of junk, but save 10 grand on the car, it's worth it, no?

Remember that the crown vics and tahoes are dog-slow as well. An A4 1.8T will outrun a police interceptor. But that's not the point -- they have radios and helicopters.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:18 PM

Default yup. the only thing you can look out for are late-model domestic cars with really dark tint

And the tint in the front door windows is a dead giveaway. Of course, by that point you're mostly by them already...
Old 08-30-2006, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default lol

there was a crown vic rolling on 90 north today with both front and rear radar on.. with the hills in the area, suddenly he's on my 6 with full bars on the V1, let him go around, he was moving at a good clip, but still was pegging my V1 in front of me with his rear radar... every time we hit a hill or a sharp corner, I got a repreve.. then we'd hit a straight away... MUTE!

I feel badly for the cops driving the Maulerbu's, I can't wait to rid myself of this one
Old 08-31-2006, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

Wonder if they've been modified for more power
Old 08-31-2006, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Quarter mile in 16.6 seconds at 83mph. 0-60 in about 8.75 seconds.

They feel fast because of the torque from that V8, but only make like 235hp.<ul><li><a href="http://www.modernracer.com/features/fordcrownvictoriacop.html">http://www.modernracer.com/features/fordcrownvictoriacop.html</a</li></ul>
Old 08-31-2006, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I got hit with Instant On, not on Pike tho

Audi Moto referenced 90 North, when it is an east west highway.. ?

I was cruising down rt 135 towards midnite in Needham with my cheapo radar set to quiet mode. After a sudden chirp, I saw an oncoming town cops headlights... he passed me and banged a U turn to tell me I was about 10 over the limit hehe lol. He was nice about it, didnt even run my out of state licence, just let me go... odd, is that proper procedure? I am cool with it tho!

Quick Reply: Po-Po report from I-90 West this afternoon