Track days in New England

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track days in New England

Just wondering if anyone knows of tracks in the New England area where you can take your car on.

Getting tired of speeding tickets!

Thanks

JT
Old 11-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Guru

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Jitrag
Just wondering if anyone knows of tracks in the New England area where you can take your car on.

Getting tired of speeding tickets!

Thanks

JT
Join the Audi Club. Between the North Atlantic Chapter, the New Jersey Chapter and the Northeast Chapter there are events at NHMS, Limerock, Watkins Glen, Mont Tremblant, and New Jersey Motorsports Park...not to mention karting events and winter driving schools.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Also a great club to go with is the BMW CCA. I've gone with them 3 times in a Mazda, so don't worry about the make.

Another great one is COM SCC, they do actual time trials at the end (optional) and are a little more lax. Haven't gone with them myself, but I know several instructors who instruct at those events.

Both clubs have basically half-off discounts for first-timers. It's like crack dealers.

All these clubs do the HPDE format, which means that passing is controlled (the car being passed must wave you by, and only pass in the straights... much safer), they have novice classes AND they provide an instructor for the whole time.

I've never run with the Audi club, but I heard good things too.

It's a blast. You have to get your car tech inspected ahead of time (at least with the BMW club). Which means safe suspension components, fresh brake fluid, enough brake pads, tires with no cords showing and other safety items.

I also strongly recommend the BMW CCA Advanced Driving Skills School (ADSS). It's a requirement to go to that to do track days with the BWM CCA, but you should do it regardless--it's a f'ing blast! They set up a wet skidpad (so no killing tires) and you practice oversteer/understeer control. You get to steer with your throttle and not your hands. You get to practice emergency lane changes, threshold braking, there's an autocross at the end and it's basically the same thing they charge $800 for at Skip Barber.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

check out: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-club-north-america-discussion-133/

I;m attending the HPDE at NH Motor Speedway on June 2&3, 2011. This will be my second year