AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   New England Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/new-england-discussion-39/)
-   -   Valet smashed my car in New Haven at the Omni (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/new-england-discussion-39/valet-smashed-my-car-new-haven-omni-2425133/)

BroncoOne 07-22-2008 06:27 AM

Valet smashed my car in New Haven at the Omni

Nice, huh? I was there for a edding and stayed overnight. It was the froont passenger side and the guy who brought it up the next day parked it an angle so I could not see it. I didn't discover it until I stopped for gas later in the day and my brother in law got out of the car and walked around front to go to the mens room at the station.

ANyone else have this happen? I already called and made a claim with tem. Thinking about contact my insurance if they drag it out, though I'd prefer not to make a claim if I don't have to...

Millatime 07-22-2008 06:56 AM

get ready to get screwed. once you leave the hotel you cant really prove that you didnt smash it

and are trying to pawn it off on them. Hopefully the valet company will do the right thing. I used to work for a valet company and they were scumbags when it came to stuff like this. Good luck.

Boston Driver 07-22-2008 07:08 AM

see if the hotel has a security camera that covers the area where you picked it up

Dutchmastr9 07-22-2008 09:24 AM

I used to work for a valet company, do u know what company was valeting for the hotel?

Vijay 07-22-2008 10:12 AM

The internet is a beautiful thing.......

If they do give you a hard time, try this.....

Go to their management office with a laptop. Get online (most hotels will have a wireless connection)

Get onto any public forum you like, and type something like this..... "do not stay at the Omni, etc, etc,..... they screwed me over"

Tell them to fix your problem as you hold your finger over the ENTER key and threaten to send the message worldwide.

I did this once over a $7000 dispute with a product that was defective. I had my money within 3 days.

tdn 07-22-2008 10:22 AM

I work for a hotel and..

honestly, we'd just laugh at you. A defective product sounds like a whole other ballpark.

I suppose it won't hurt to try, but not many people will be willing to be of any service after you've made a threat.

Your best course of action is surveillance footage. If the company that parked your car is anything like the one that works at my hotel, they specifically state on your claim ticket your vehicle must be inspected on location otherwise they can not be held liable for anything. The only way (that I know of) around this is witnesses/surveillance that your insurance company can work with.

Good luck OP.

CP 07-22-2008 10:56 AM

I'd suggest using www.tripadvisor.com for the bodyslam.

Vijay 07-23-2008 04:58 AM

You shouldn't start with a threat. Always be civil and reasonable in the beginning.....

But if you try and try and seem to get nowhere by being nice, then
hit hard and hit to kill. And I wouldn't ever laugh at anybody. No matter how silly you think they are being, once you laugh at somebody, you make it personal. Never know what they'll do at that point.