where to find good service at a Boston area dealer

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to find good service at a Boston area dealer

I need some advice on finding an Audi dealership in the boston area that provides high quality service to fix a minor recurring electrical problem in my car.
I used to go to Audi of burlington where I bought the car but changes in staff led to a significant decline in quality and customer care. I then made the mistake, against my better judgement, of going to Audi of Brookline who were worse (asides from not fixing the problem, they took forever to do a bad job. they also replaced the framing of my license plates with their logo frames without asking me if they could (and dented the front plate in the process) amongst other things.
As my car is still under warranty I need to use a dealership but would really like to go somewhere that cares about good service.
any recommendations and if so, should I ask for anyone in particular?
Thanks
Old 02-09-2012, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

We can report good servicing and buying experiences at the Westwood dealership. The staff there is quite good, but certainly not perfect. You'll find many other threads on this same topic.

You can order a fresh plate from the Registry for $10.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Prime in Westwood - as described not perfect but solid in my experience.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uberwgn
You can order a fresh plate from the Registry for $10.
I know this is a side topic, but can you order a new plate online at mass.gov/rmv? I didn't find this option under Registration/plates or elsewhere on the site. Not critical, but I would like to replace one or both plates at some point. It would probably be best to replace the rear plate at renewal time and put the new sticker on that one unless they sent stickers too.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by zulujams
I know this is a side topic, but can you order a new plate online at mass.gov/rmv? I didn't find this option under Registration/plates or elsewhere on the site. Not critical, but I would like to replace one or both plates at some point. It would probably be best to replace the rear plate at renewal time and put the new sticker on that one unless they sent stickers too.
Yes, but I've always telephoned them. It's $10 per plate. I've done it multiple times - - I hate ratty plates on an otherwise pristine car

I think they send you stickers if you ask them. The fresh plates arrive pretty fast. They must be cracking those whips in the prison!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good info, thanks! One of my plates took some kind of impact and the reflective paint is partly missing. Agreed that bad looking plates detract from a nice looking car. I've been thinking of writing to the State House to get them to consider a single plate offering to all the car nuts. There are still a number of the old green lettered, rear only plates around that users won't give up b/c they don't want a front plate. The State could charge 3 or 4 times the normal fee and people would buy them to get out of having a front mounted plate (my opinion anyway). The other thought is to upgrade to a specialty plate front and back. Replacement plates would be cheaper though!
Old 02-09-2012, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I hear ya, Zulu. I can't tell you how I hate my front plate and the way it spoils the appearance of the front end. I, too, would pay to have a rear plate only....just as long as it's not that hideous green/white design.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Excellent idea. Maybe we should get the state house to buy Audis for the officials like the Italin government does.
In the meantime a new plate is worth a few dollars
Old 02-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by redwagonhood
Prime in Westwood - as described not perfect but solid in my experience.
Agreed. Avoid Brookline Audi like the plague. I have never had a good experience there (sales, service or parts).
Old 02-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought my '08 A6 3.2 from Audi Norwell, and they've been pretty good so far (I've had to bring it in to fix a recurring audio drop out issue when listening to radio/CDs/Navigation and a couple engine misfires on cold days that caused the Check Engine light to come on). Ask for Wayne (the service manager) if you bring it down there - he's great.

Quick Reply: where to find good service at a Boston area dealer