New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

@009 Audi Q5 Headlight adjustment L=RHD to LHD

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 11:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default @009 Audi Q5 Headlight adjustment L=RHD to LHD

Hi, I have a 2009 Audi Q5 which was purchased in the UK but is used almost exclusively in Europe. I need to change the headlights from RHD to LHD to pass the french CT ( MOT ). Can this be done manually ( via switch or adjustment screws ) or is this a VCDS garage fix.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-12-2019, 12:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Check the light settings in the MMI under car settings. Newer European cars normally have a setting to change the headlights from LHD to RHD and vice versa. It's called tourist mode. For a permanent change to LHD, you would have to visit a dealer. The tourist mode I believe gives a warning every time you start the car to remind you that the headlights are currently in tourist mode, so one doesn't forget to change it back once they are home again.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
Check the light settings in the MMI under car settings. Newer European cars normally have a setting to change the headlights from LHD to RHD and vice versa. It's called tourist mode. For a permanent change to LHD, you would have to visit a dealer. The tourist mode I believe gives a warning every time you start the car to remind you that the headlights are currently in tourist mode, so one doesn't forget to change it back once they are home again.
Thanks for this, the tourist mode just lowers the beam instead of changing the direction of the beam. I will contact my local garage

Thanks