New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

2018 Q5 Error Code at 3500 miles ("Drive system: malfunction! Please contact service.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Q5 Error Code at 3500 miles ("Drive system: malfunction! Please contact service.

Hello,

Has anyone had this error code pop up on their Q5 while driving? I was driving my Q5 two weeks a month ago and this happened. I had it towed to the dealer and was told it was fixed. When I came back from vacation and drove the car the same code came back on. The car is at the dealer for teh last two and a half weeks and they are trying to simulate the issue but are not successful. Any one out there who has seen this on their Q5 and what was the solution?
("Drive system: malfunction! Please contact service. I also received an error code which said the emergency call malfunction restricted functionality, please contact service. Please let me know if you have seen this too.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver System: Malfunction

My 2018 Q5 just died today with this error code. It had not responded to start-up 2-3 times in the past couple weeks and I thought nothing of it (maybe foot wasn't on brake, etc. Yesterday it stopped and had several errors with ESC, airbags, steering. I restarted and dove home. Today it would not start for a few hours than started once for 1/2 mile and died. Audi Roadside absolutely failed me with bad info and was stranded for 4 hours waiting for 3 different assigned tows that didn't show up in 30* freezing rain. Went from absolutely loving this car to doubting the brand's product reliability and service in less than 24 hours. Will advise when this get fixed, as it was the dealer closed early and because my tow took 4 hours at start of a storm, my car is stranded in some unknown tow yard and i am out $210 for a car rental. Thanks Audi
Has anyone had this error code pop up on their Q5 while driving? I was driving my Q5 two weeks a month ago and this happened. I had it towed to the dealer and was told it was fixed. When I came back from vacation and drove the car the same code came back on. The car is at the dealer for teh last two and a half weeks and they are trying to simulate the issue but are not successful. Any one out there who has seen this on their Q5 and what was the solution?
("Drive system: malfunction! Please contact service. I also received an error code which said the emergency call malfunction restricted functionality, please contact service. Please let me know if you have seen this too.[/QUOTE]