New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Greetings

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Greetings

I am the proud owner of a 2010 A6 3.0 Premium Plus. Blue/Black pretty well loaded.

A few minor issues that will probably require dealer visit on at least two. 1 Air Bag Recall and 2. MMI Software update. I am unable to get Sirius Satellite radio and apparently forum traffic indicate software update is the first step. I am also on the prowl for updated Navigation DVDS.

The typical used car minor scratches but nothing serious. I got a nice shiny new drivers headlamp. Apparently dealer thought it was Halogen but still had to follow through so I got a shiny new headlight bulb and Ballast for the Xenon HID.

First projects and not critical but fairly timely manner. 1. Typical used car tune up, new starting point items....Spark Plugs, Air Filters Cabin and Engine, fuel filter. The more crucial item is the software update so I can get Sirius back again. Eventual projects are Timing Belt, Water pump and Thermostat since it is at 110K and no recorded documentation of major service. Eventual plan is a phase maintenance cycle to get Brakes, Tires, etc... I also will be getting the Clay bar and winter coat of polishes, sealants and waxes. A good winter coating of Rain-X is also in order for the glass along with Texas legal tint including "Eye Brow". Eventual plan is to get a good solid winter vehicle for my winter trip to DC area for Wreaths Over Arlington. Struts, shocks and alignment and eventually back up camera will round out the phase overhaul and hopefully last a few more years.

Hope to learn from more senior experienced members and hopefully I can pass on knowledge. I am not totally new to European vehicles having come out of a 2008 Volvo XC90.

Initial assessment of the A6 is fast. The 3.0 Supercharged appears to be a sleeper performance sedan. I just filled up my first tank for a reference but I was getting mid-high 20's cruising around mid 60's to low 70's around the Metroplex. Comfortable and feels solid and safe. Good visibility and excellent handling. OEM Fog lights....work pretty good but definitely the OEM incandescent, a LED upgrade if available....would not be wrong.