AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   New Member Welcome Area (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/new-member-welcome-area-162/)
-   -   The History of the two Quebec Audi Clubs (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/new-member-welcome-area-162/history-two-quebec-audi-clubs-2966243/)

FreeKnight 01-27-2019 12:40 PM

The History of the two Quebec Audi Clubs

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Dave Orr Founder of the Quebec Audi Club (the true and original club) I am not here to cause trouble but only to set the record straight! There has been much misinformation and personal bashing from the copycat club towards our club and me personally .
I hope that the Administrators will see fit to allow me to tell everyone the history of our club.

The History of the Quebec Audi Club. There has been much misinformation and confusion about the two Quebec Audi Clubs. The personal attacks, club attacks need and will stop! Here is the story. I trust that you all have good morals and values and will decide what is best for you. Here is the story. Back in 2014 I had been a member of the Montreal Audi Club. I enjoyed the friendship and sharing my passion for Audi. However in that club there were a few members who I didn't really get along with. One day I decided to leave the club but eventually found myself missing the companionship that being in the club gives. I decided that maybe another club would be better but there was no other club. The idea came to me " why not start another club?" There was no province wide club for Audi, and after thinking about it, I came up with the Quebec Audi Club. On November 26th 2015 at 7:31 pm I created the Facebook page and the Quebec Audi Club was born. Because we cover all of Quebec, we became very popular very fast. Our membership rose above 600 members in less than a year. This created bad feelings and dislike towards me personally from the Montreal Audi Club. We had grown three times larger in one year than they had in over four years. They didn't like our club and really didn't like me. Founding a club was something that I had never done before and I had no experience in doing it. All I had was a vision and the passion to do the best I could. I wanted a club where members could come to ask questions and share their passion for our great brand of car. Apparently many thought that it was a great idea as we continued to grow. Please keep In mind that I was doing everything myself with no other administrators or moderators! A few months after founding our club it became apparent that we needed a club logo. I decided to hold a competition where members could submit their ideas and a vote by our club members would determine which logo would become our official logo. The winner would receive as payment and relinquish any rights to personally having any future claim to that logo, would get the first t shirt with our logo. On March 18 2016 our logo was born. We continued to grow but it was becoming evident that I could no longer continue doing everything myself with no help. I needed help. I asked members for help and chose a few to help me. my error was making them all administrators rather than moderators ( I didn't know the difference) One of the Administrators was someone who called himself Samuel Grendy. He seemed to be a good guy and told me that he had previous experience in the car club scene. For me, my club had become a seven day a week eight hours a day job. I was tired and at times my patience wore thin. I decided to take a small break away from the Facebook part of the club. I thought that my administrators were capable of taking care of the club. It was perhaps one month later that I realized that I was no longer in my own club. I requested many times to join my own club but was continually rejected. I tried contacting Samuel Grendy via Facebook messenger. One day he responded with " there comes a time when every ship needs to change its captain " Samuel Grendy had decided that he was going to make the club I founded and built, his own. Only because I had one administrator that had morals and values, was I able to regain control of the club. Samuel Grendy was removed and banned from the club. The very next day, Samuel Grendy changed his name to Sam Gè and created a copycat club using our name and logo. He made himself President of his club, using a name and logo he did not create ! A club where it is quite ok to personally attack our club (the true and original club) and our members and me in particular. Remember everyone, I have a very long list of proof that goes back to the very first day of our club's foundation. What you all choose to do is really up to you. All I can do is set the record straight. I have been silent for much too long. The truth needed to come out. personally I wouldn't want to associate with a club built on lack of morals, respect and values.