New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

I need to know something

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 10:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need to know something

I am going to buy a S5, but my wife does not want me to buy a manual transmission vehicle (she doesn't drive stick very well. LOL. Like that time in Boys N the Hood.) Anyway, I want to know about the automatic transmission coupes? What are the usual problems? Powertrain problems? Drivability issues? Performance issues? I just want to know if i'm going to like this car with the automatic transmission.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacheem2005
...but my wife does not want me to buy a manual transmission vehicle...
I don't know if you can afford to buy two cars, but if you are buying just one, you will end up buying an automatic. That's just how it works. So, go get it, and enjoy the car. Source: experience.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 132 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacheem2005
I am going to buy a S5, but my wife does not want me to buy a manual transmission vehicle (she doesn't drive stick very well. LOL. Like that time in Boys N the Hood.) Anyway, I want to know about the automatic transmission coupes? What are the usual problems? Powertrain problems? Drivability issues? Performance issues? I just want to know if i'm going to like this car with the automatic transmission.
You don't state your location, but if in the US, the S5 only comes with the 8 speed auto tranny. That's the same tranny that I had in my A6 & you will love it. There is no way that you can shift a manual faster than this auto does. In sport mode, it is always ready. I came from a long history of BMWs w/ manual trannys & I'm sold on Audi automatics. If you have specific S5 questions, you might want to post in the A/S5 forums, and please update your signature with your location, as some differences, depending on the country your Audi is built for.