New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Keyless Entry and Keyless Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Entry and Keyless Start

Hi all, I just got a 2011 Q5 3.0 TDI SE and it has a start button and I can start the car without pushing the fob into the slot. There are also sensor cutout in the door handles (all 4) but touching them does nothing. I have to use the remote the lock / unlock. I read here that the sensors fail a lot, but the dealer said this car doesn't have keyless entry. So I wonder whether there is a way to know if keyless entry is installed at all, i.e. does having a start button and starting the car with key in the pocket (rather than in the slot) mean it has keyless entry, or are keyless start and keyless entry two separate options?

Many thanks!
Old 01-07-2018, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Try quickly pulling the door handle twice, should work.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

no way if your car has push button then it's keyless, but maybe your door handles are not keyless so in this case you have to retrofit your car handles and antennas and do some coding
Old 01-29-2018, 01:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi A6 TDI Ultra S Line (2014) - Does it have keyless entry?

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum (just bought my first Audi at the weekend!) I had assumed that my car had keyless entry as it had the stop-start button and also had the rectangle sensor on each door. However, when I went back to the Dealer he said that none of their Audis has keyless entry.

Is there any way to tell whether this car actually was fitted with keyless entry (and just isn't working) or if it was never fitted with keyless entry to begin with. Is this functionality not standard in all Audi's from a certain year onwards?

Also, if it's not a standard feature, is there any way to retrospectively fit keyless entry to my car and any idea on costs of doing this?

any advice is much appreciated!
Old 01-29-2018, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by beltonc
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum (just bought my first Audi at the weekend!) I had assumed that my car had keyless entry as it had the stop-start button and also had the rectangle sensor on each door. However, when I went back to the Dealer he said that none of their Audis has keyless entry.

Is there any way to tell whether this car actually was fitted with keyless entry (and just isn't working) or if it was never fitted with keyless entry to begin with. Is this functionality not standard in all Audi's from a certain year onwards?

Also, if it's not a standard feature, is there any way to retrospectively fit keyless entry to my car and any idea on costs of doing this?

any advice is much appreciated!
When you exit the car, with the key fob in your pocket, simply press the sensor on the door handle.
It should lock the car and set the alarm.
This is part of the Smart Key feature, your car being a '14 A6 I'd be surprised if it didn't have the Smart Key feature.

To unlock without pulling the fob out of your pocket simply pull the door handle twice in rapid succession and it should unlock.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Sal_Monella
When you exit the car, with the key fob in your pocket, simply press the sensor on the door handle.
It should lock the car and set the alarm.
This is part of the Smart Key feature, your car being a '14 A6 I'd be surprised if it didn't have the Smart Key feature.

To unlock without pulling the fob out of your pocket simply pull the door handle twice in rapid succession and it should unlock.
Thanks for the reply. I tried the above and nothing happened. I brought car back to dealer and he looked it over and confirmed that there is no keyless entry. It's bit annoying to find this out (not sure what the extra benefit of keyless start is if you still need to physically hold the key to get into the car. I had assumed that going for a 2014 A6 that this would be standard. Live and learn!