New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

My first Audi after three Cadillacs!

Old 06-16-2018, 12:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My first Audi after three Cadillacs!

Hello all! On Monday I purchased my first Audi, a 2017 CPO Audi A4 Prestige with Quattro AWD, Driver Assist and Cold Weather Packages, and less than 5,000 miles on the odometer. It was previously leased by someone who was apparently becoming physically unable to drive who had to sell the car back to the dealer. All maintenance and service was completed by the dealer I purchased the car from and it's CPO so in addition to the 3 years of manufacturer's warranty still remaining on it, I have an additional year of warranty through the CPO certification. Between all that and the killer price I was able to negotiate to, there wasn't much hesitation when it came time to pull the trigger.

I am coming from only Cadillacs in the past - I traded in my 2013 Cadillac ATS Premium with AWD and 3.6L V6 for this car and before that, I was in a 2009 Cadillac CTS Premium, and a 2003 Cadillac CTS before that (my first car!). Cadillacs have always been "my" car in that I've always loved the styling and features, but after test driving this A4 over the weekend, I was instantly converted. Cadillac focuses on the luxury element, and while they do a great job at that, their technology always seemed to be behind. If you drove a 2013 CTS, for example, the tech in your infotainment system was identical to the tech in the 2008 CTS, the first model year of that generation. Same thing applied to their newer vehicles with the CUE system, except they'd make minor tweaks to the software here and there for the newer model years. They were supposed to allow updates to all the CUE systems regardless of age so your system would never be "outdated," but Cadillac quickly reneged on that promise after realizing they could use the new features as a selling point for the new vehicle to get people to purchase newer vehicles.

That practice alone left a horrible taste in my mouth, and as a young guy with a high enthusiasm for technology, all the tech that Audi brings to the table really sold the A4 for me. I love the Virtual Cockpit and the ability to have up-to-date Google Maps right in front of your field of view when driving. I love the customization options and the MMI input methods. The handwriting feature is genius. I love that there's no touch displays you have to reach up for to distract you when driving. Everything about the car is just fantastic.

Anyways, I've gone on long enough at this point, so here's a picture of my new daily driver. Cuvee Silver Metallic exterior with Nougat Brown / Black interior.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2017 CPO Audi A4 Prestige with Quattro AWD : beautiful car, wise choice!

Regards,
mlfox
Old 06-20-2018, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful
Old 06-21-2018, 11:46 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh wow! GREAT color! Congratulations!

Safe driving
Old 06-21-2018, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiPartsSupply
Oh wow! GREAT color! Congratulations!

Safe driving
Thank you! This will be my third silver car, with my last car being white. I am partial to silver - always looks clean!