New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

My New Q3

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New Q3

I have been looking at a small SUV considering the Subaur Forester, BMW X1, and Volvo XC40. The Q3 was not on my list thinking it was too expensive. We finally decided on the BMW x1 since the dealer was offering what appeared to be a very good discount off of MSRP (17%) on a 2019. One dealer was awful and the other while good to deal with, when we went to pick up the car the "replace battery" warning light was right in front of my face. While the dealer was willing to replace the battery, I was first confused why the battery would need to be replaced (not charged) on a new car and second, why in heck would he bring that car up for delivery without first replacing the battery. Thinking that the issue could range from something simple like a defective battery to something major like something wrong with the electrical system, I told them I do not want that car and would look at others on the lot. The salesman GRABBED the keys out of my hand and stormed off...he was NASTY. We immediately left. So, I saw a pretty welll loaded new 2018 Q3 Premium Plus nearby and went to the dealer. Short story, he sold the car for 16.5% off MSRP and included Audi Care. I was a bit concerned that the car was manufactured in 9/17, had 350 miles on the odometer and came from the Port of Houston, through Iowa, to a dealer in PA and then finally to MD. I check CARFAX and car was not previously registered. Checked many other sources to see if there was a branded title (i.e., flood, salvage) and it was clean. Checked to make sure it was not one of the pre-production cars that there is a class action suit pending. Flooding was my main concern. All looked well...no odor, no rust inside or out, nothing that would have indicated a flood car. No signs of accidents or repainting. So I bought it and have been pretty happy in the first 500 miles I've put on the car. This was the first "left-over" car that I have ever purchased...almost two years since it was manufacutred and 350 miles and through several dealers. I have no idea why the car was not ever sold. Any thoughts on the purchase including price paid?