New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

New Audi Owner — Question on Siri/Car Play/Making calls

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Audi Owner — Question on Siri/Car Play/Making calls

Hi. This is my first post as a new owner! I purchased an Audi A5 Cabriolet last week. I am trying to get acclimated to all of the technology as I have the Navigation System and Virtual Cockpit. I am having some issues with the Apple Car Play and wa shopping someone could assist.

I know when Apple Car Play is connected, you are unable to use the MMI system to make phone calls and you make the calls through Car Play. I was able to figure out that there is a microphone and you can say the contact and a call will be made. However, the issue I am having is Siri. For some reason or another although my phone is connected it is not allowing me to use Siri functionality. I can make a call via the phone my clicking a phone number or saying the name under the apple car play app. However when connected so apple car play Siri is not available. I do know there has been an issue (dealer is looking into it) with the audi connect and the account has not been created fully yet since I was told the system was down.

Any assinstance would be appreciated. I am slowly getting used to the technology but have a lot more reading and playing around. Right now, as much as I like car play I am feeling it is better to leave it on the MMI until I figure this all out.

Thanks,
Jonnathan
Old 09-23-2018, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually kiss figured it out. My settings on my phone were not correct. I was able to use it. Since I have the virtual cockpit I just will see what my preference is whether to use the navigation on car play or via the navigation system.