New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

New Audi Owner (2019 Q7 Prestige)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 06:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Audi Owner (2019 Q7 Prestige)

Hi all,

I'm a new convert from BMW over to Audi (previously a 2006 BMW 330i). I've ordered my new 2019 Q7 Prestige (Galaxy Blue, Rock Grey, Dark Inlays, Luxury Pkg, Adaptive Chassis, Driver Assist, B&O). Looking forward to learning from all of you in the Audi Community.

I did have two quick questions:
- is it possible to get more information on the status and key dates for my order (COMM# SN4636)? (e.g., is it on a ship, which ship, when should it reach the US West Coast, reach my dealer, etc?)
-- (my dealer said he enrolled me in Audi's new owner's communications but I haven't received a single email from Audi to-date)
- given that my 2019 has apparently been built, how is it that there is no information online about the new model year's pricing, updates, etc? When should I expect that information to come online?

Thanks!
-yogSF
Old 08-15-2018, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't answer exactly, but we have a special order 2018 Q7 Prestige coming in, similarly equipped, that seems to be stuck at the port. The dealer has given me copies of printouts showing the progress along the way, with eta's for the various stops. While it was on the ship they gave me a report showing the eta for port arrival, eta for release to carrier and eta for delivery to dealer. No one has mentioned anything about a new communication system and we haven't received anything directly from Audi USA. But once it got to port, the story has kept changing. Everyone agrees and the reports show that it arrived at port on 8/6. On 8/8 the dealer said it was showing a "port hold" for customs. On 8/11 it showed it had been released to the carrier on 8/10. We're only 3 hours from the port, so everyone was expecting it to be delivered to the dealer fairly quickly. On 8/14 they said it was back to showing port hold for "customs" once again, but they said they got it released wile they were talking to distribution at the port, so they expected it to be delivered in the next couple of days. Now today(8/15), I just got a report showing it isn't being released to the carrier until 8/16 and the report show to expect delivery to the dealer between 8/21 and 8/25. The story they've given me about "port hold" is that customs is checking incoming vehicles for drugs much more thoroughly lately. I guess I'm old enough to remember watching The French Connection when it first came out and I can't get the visions of that Lincoln Mark III being taken apart out of my head. Wondering if that is happening to our Q7.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by yogSF
Hi all,

I'm a new convert from BMW over to Audi (previously a 2006 BMW 330i). I've ordered my new 2019 Q7 Prestige (Galaxy Blue, Rock Grey, Dark Inlays, Luxury Pkg, Adaptive Chassis, Driver Assist, B&O). Looking forward to learning from all of you in the Audi Community.

I did have two quick questions:
- is it possible to get more information on the status and key dates for my order (COMM# SN4636)? (e.g., is it on a ship, which ship, when should it reach the US West Coast, reach my dealer, etc?)
-- (my dealer said he enrolled me in Audi's new owner's communications but I haven't received a single email from Audi to-date)
- given that my 2019 has apparently been built, how is it that there is no information online about the new model year's pricing, updates, etc? When should I expect that information to come online?

Thanks!
-yogSF
Welcome! Also BMW refugees with 2018 Q7s - Audi is not as forthcoming with tracking as BMW, but a chap named Vincent in this Audizine forum is very helpful:
Audizine

Great vehicles, but Audi the corporation may take some getting used to - very similar to our first experience with BMW in CHERmany - and living there 5 years. I asked about how to change the oil on our first Bimmer there, and was told "BAY EM VAY CHANGE ZA OIL!" Achtung!