New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

New guy, south texas

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy, south texas

This is not my first Audi, but my first "newer" one. I previously had a 2006 A6 Quattro S Line. One of my favorite cars I've had, until a deer thought otherwise.

Now we just traded our Jeep Wrangler in for a CPO 2016 SQ5 Premium+, Brilliant Black with all the bells and whistles (NAV, panoramic sun/moonroof, front/rear sensors, heated Alcantara/Leather seats, 21" Sport wheels with P Zeros, etc, etc). I absolutely love it. Makes me hate driving my F-150 Raptor now, haha.

My first question: I was trying to set my "Home" location in the navigation, and our entire neighborhood is missing, so it doesn't recognize my address. How do I go about updating the navigation? I've looked it up on how to do it through the myAudi website, but that seems to be a pain to set up. It wants me to visit a dealership in person with the code they sent to finish setting up... but the closest dealership to me is 150mi away. Is there any way to do this without going that direction? I work Monday-Friday 5a-5p so I really only get one day off a week (Sunday is for laundry, cleaning, meal-prepping, etc) and would rather not spend that driving to San Antonio and back. Any help would be appreciated.

My second question: For the Audi Connect, there is already a SIM card in the MMI, but I'm assuming by the registration process that I will have to get a new SIM card. Do I do this through the dealership as well?