New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

New Member, German Auto Nerd

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member, German Auto Nerd

Hello all!

Figured Id stop in and say hello. I plan to at some time or another be active with many questions as well as just reading and kearning from you.

Ive owned 2 Jettas and now we bought a beautiful 2004 Audi A6S Quattro. We got the vehicle for basically no dollars drom a friend that didnt want to do the work.

The Car:
As previously stated, ots an 04 Audi A6 Quattro (A6S, 2.7T). The interior faced some unforunate neglect and abuse as a water damage is apparent in many places. The rear bench seat is torn to shreds and has mold spores on the bottom of it. In fact, there appears to be mold spores in several places. The interior needs TLC!

As far as the motor and mechanical functions, were in good shape. This car runs great. It sat for a year though and an oil change is being done (today actually).

Drivers side door corner dawns a very small spot of rust which is degenerating into rot. The body and paint was neglected and mistreated (I am guessing this car has never been buffed or waxed.) The front bumper is in rough shape. The fog light assembly (or the bumper where the fog light assembly is housed) is cracked. So, a bumper is needed because I dont want to run my car like that.

Other than those issues, this car is amazing. Plenty of power and it idles great.

My hope is to purchase a new exhaust system that is semi aggressive but also keeps that Euro sound (at the very least, a muffler would suffice). I need to find a rear seat replacement and find a way to clean the car up as best as possible.

Not too sure on other popular modifications for this model so recommendations are certainly welcomed as well as pictures of your same vehicle would be cool as well.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to being a member!
Old 04-06-2019, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Welcome to the forum.