New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

New S6 Plus 1996 Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 04:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S6 Plus 1996 Restoration

Hi All,

I am a new member in this forum, have been in multiple forus thorugh out my life, porsches, vw, mustangs, bmws and more. Now I am joining you with my personal project for restoring my dadīs, he past away earlier on the year and he had his car damaged from an accicdent since 2006, the car in 2005 had an engine rebuilt in Quattro Germany, and after that, somebody smashed him in the back on traffic. He always dreamed on reparing it but Audi dealer was asking for 15000USD, so he just stored the car for 12 years.

After hi past away I repair some front panels and also the radiator and AC. Then I sent it to a body paint garage to repair the frame and body crash.

The unit is the most wanted color LZ5M Nogaroblau, with the interior in black leather and alcantara blue, with the good sound stereo, sun roof, manual transmission.

The engine is a 4.2 V8 engine with 326 HP, it has 200000Km which are about 120000Miles, and it was fully restored in Audi Dealer sending the engine to Quattro Germany 10000 miles before the crash

Audi S6 Plus V8 4.2

So the next steps are, repair body paint, then change petrol and then start the engine.

Wish me good luck

Last edited by mawa; 01-01-2020 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

By the way, I forgot to mention that this car was never on sale, it was delivered to a News Paper for exchanges in advertisings by Audi, and then was purchased by my dad to the newspaper director (his friend) by an offer on the spot
Old 01-10-2019, 12:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Everybody,

I see very few interaction nevertheless I will try to update the post and see if there is any traction. The Audi S6 Plus (UR S6), or also called Quattro Q1 is very rare and the actual manufacturer of the entire car was Quattro not Audi in that regard.
Here I will update with some photos, the back damage

Last edited by mawa; 01-01-2020 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So the super garage managed to repair the sheel metal by pulling with what we call in spanish "Bancada".

Then he prepared the car for the paint job in its original color Nogaroblau or Nogaro Blue Pearl.

Last edited by mawa; 01-01-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

And we painted the car, back and front in Nogaro Blue Pearl as the original color.

The rest of the car not painted was pulished and the match of the color achived was 100%.

So the excitement of the super paint job artist was a must, you can see in his face the proudness of a job well done. Hi is a Romanian working hard in Spain and an example to follow.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

As the paint job garage was not able to make the engine running, I picked up the car and toll it to a mechanic garage specialiced in Porsches called TargaKlassik, and we did work in the cooling & fuel systems.
We needed to change radiator, AC condensor, also a clutch liquid tube which was licking bad, break lines and some more parts.

So the car managed to run after more than 10 years without running at all.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The car was so moving a lot while moving, the tires where very damaged due to the time (almost square ) so we moved to change some tires and we bought Michelin Pilot Sport

Just to let you know, some parts in this model are very difficult to find, for example the rear central Hella Light I needed to order a second hand one from Lithuania (and speak Lithuanian with the support of Google translator).
Also the clutch housing was coming from Hungary but this was through ebay, a much simpler purchase.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

After the car being stored during more than 10 years with a window opened, was extremely dirty, so we had to clean and clean and clean 1000 times over but today is as below.

This is me being very happy and very proud!

This is me being very happy and very proud again
Old 01-10-2019, 01:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Now is legal to drive it once again, as I have passed the Goverment Inspection.

The fuel system is still not 100% well, as the gas was very old, we have taken out all the gas we could, but still not 100% so it made the some shake in the engine as well as non firing fuel so we have to change now the fuel filter couple times to fix it.
Additionally to that we are putting some Beru Ultra starplugs to enhance the ingection.

The car shocks are sounding a bit, and I felt they were too soft so I have ordered racing Blistein to make it more sporty and better handling.
For the brakes I have chosen Fedoro front and back brake pads to make the car even more efficient.

My intention after that is to bring the car ones to the Jarama Circuit in Madrid and try its performances, now with my BMW M2 Competition stage 1 (530HP) I am able the make a 1:52 time, so I expect to do about 2:05 with this Audi S6 Plus with 326HP.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Great posts. You should post this on the applicable A6 forum so that people can enjoy it

Quick Reply: New S6 Plus 1996 Restoration