New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Problem with my mk1 Audi TT fwd base 2000 model

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with my mk1 Audi TT fwd base 2000 model

Okay so I have a 2000 Audi TT fwd and I went to a local pep boys to get my oil changed knowing I should have just done it myself I went and had it done anyways so I leave and am on my way home going 60 mph down hwy car loses power and starts smoking so I take the exit and there is an oreileys they check my check engine light it’s saying misfire from all cylinders so I go ahead get new coil packs and spark plugs double platinum is what it calls for so I didn’t go with the cheap ones but then I start the car to go across the street to the auto zone to install the coil packs and spark plugs there since the car won’t make it home so I started the car and instantly the rpms shot up to red line so I cut it off I turn it back on a couple minutes later it’s fine then leave the parking lot to go across the street it does the same thing but now I have no control of throttle I get it across the street and I park it start getting the coils and plugs changed then go to start it again and the car goes straight to red line I shut it off I had to leave it parked outside the auto zone that night and went the next day to try and fix it thinking I’ll just replace the throttle body and the accelerator pedal do that start the car up and it goes straight to red line again so idk what the reason for it doing it is can somebody please help me find out why ya doing this I’ve had to take off 3 days of work because of my car not working