ACNA Thill weekend... perfect weather (clear skies, +70 deg., not windy), great event!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I believe he was trying to get me to stop... [edited]

To get me to stop pestering HIM to stop causing a ruckus over here.

I'll lay everything on the table here...

As many of you know, I moved to NorCal this pas summer. Not having met many ppl here, I still 'post *****' & banter back on the MidAtlantic forum with all of my friendship there.

Back during Nov, after ACNA-Potomac Chesapeake Chpt HPDE @ Virginia International Raceway (VIR), a <a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/VIRACNA-Nov_200512.htm">vid</a> was posted by a competitive HPDE student in a fast car trying to do multiple-passes at once... a pucker moment was had. There were good discussions as a result of it. All good stuff.

Thus I (and here's where I made the interweb faux pas) <a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/midatlantic/msgs/266193.phtml">x-posted this thread over on to the AudiWorld-MidAtlantic (AWMA) forum</a>... for the intention of constructive discussion <i>of the scenario (not the driver)</i> for many of the track enthusiasts there (chapter/event organizers, chief instr, instructors, advanced &amp; not-so-advanced HPDE students). Some initial 'knee jerk' reactions were expected, and I tried to temper it first with my request within my initial xpost. <i>Almost</i> everyone over there honored it and were civil... and comment were made on the positive development of the discussion back over here.

UNTIL... Silver Streakin (whom I've not had the pleasure of meeting in person, nor seen at ACNA events in the last 2 yrs that I was active over there. but he IS an active AWMA forum member) came over here against my initial request, and started blasting. I posted on AWMA asking him to 'please stop' with what I thought were <a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/midatlantic/msgs/266481.phtml">good reasons</a>.... but to no avail.

Thus yesterday I've been trying to do 'damage control' and replying to his posts on both sides (hoping he would stop), so we could keep the civil-ness and move on.

I'm guessing his open questioning of my 'stake in this whole discussion' was to get me to stop deflecting his 'stone throwing' here, so he could get Chris to respond(?).

<b>[edited]</b> I still maintain that at this point, if there is still a feeling on lack of safety, the most effective way is thru face-to-face interaction via the local organizer &amp; instructors... Not by demanding response on the forum. <b>[/edit]</b>

Thus there it is.

Chris, I apologize for xposting this on AWMA. It was not my intend to put the <i>driver</i> in the spot light, but to provide a follow-up <i>example of the scenario</i> from the Nov discussion over there.

To the rest of the NorCal forum community, I apologize for my internet faux pas. I realize that ppl's behavior differ based on weather they have to ever meet the other person face-to-face, and I tried to operate in that fashion as well. Majority of the ppl I interact over the internet, I've either already met or hope to meet soon in the future.

Having cross-forum flaming was the last of my intention, and even tho I tried to prevent &amp; control it, I failed.

I'm ready to accept what ever consequences of my mistake.
-Dean
Old 01-17-2009, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Do you feel threatened?

:rollseyes:
Old 01-17-2009, 05:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "I'd drop it if I were you.........." = yes

no. not rly.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default yup. Let the guy respond.

And, you did nothing wrong, Dean, by Xposting into the AWMA forum, especially since it's full of racers/TTers/DEers and people of the ACNA. There's nothing wrong with posting videos and having people learn from them -- whether it's good lines (which he does have) or passing mistakes or whatever else someone make learn from them.

Trust me, I've pushed people to give point-bys and have done plenty of things that I'd like to take back, but I would never just stuff it in there 3 deep just hoping everything works out ok AND then post some of his responses of why he did it [adding an admit to fault doesn't outway his reason(s) for the mistake, imo. -- that's why I won't drop it.]
Old 01-17-2009, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Short of time travel...

What possible response out of anyone would satisfy....

You know what, Forget it! Just forget it! I'm tired of trying to clean up the mess that I caused to come in here. It's Sat night. I'm gonna pour me a scotch &amp; watch my collection of Top Gear.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:47 PM

Default Dean: let it go

Silver streakin has got some weird obsession.

I have no beef with anyone.