coming over from the Chicago forum. anyone here live near Dublin, CA?

Old 12-20-2005, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 hours with traffic to SFO???

Never seen it that bad.

Maybe if there was a big accident. Off commute you can do it in under an hour from Pleasanton.

I prefer Oakland and San Jose airports, but when I travel internationally for work, usually no choice but SFO.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have been in the area all my life (Danville, Walnut Creek, Pleasanton)...

Currently in Pleasanton, for the past 7 years. I work in the valley (Sunnyvale), as does my wife.

The area is quite nice. Very suburbs, but in the heart of the Bay Area. Traffic can be rough to SF or SJ, depending on conditions and time.

I just really enjoy the atmosphere and people in the Tri-Valley area (Pleasanton, Dublin, San Ramon, etc). Very family oriented. The longer commute is worth the quality of family life that we get living in Pleasanton. Great schools, killer downtown and great restaurants.

If you do decide to move out here, you should really take a look at Pleasanton as well.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

SBC, Chevron.....
Old 12-20-2005, 09:10 PM

Default I live in Dublin.

It's typical suburbia really. I like it. Good neighborhoods, low crime, good schools, nice mall right next door in Pleasanton. It's a bit pricey (but that's just the SF Bay Area), but it is a little less expensive than the surrounding towns of Pleasanton and San Ramon.

Commute gets bad at rush hour since Dublin is the crossroads of a couple of highways, but how it affects you is totally dependant on where you work. If you work in downtown San Francisco, the best option is to take the BART train from the local station.

The only real downside of Dublin is that some people might say it lacks "character". (Crapple moved to Berkeley a while back because of that.) But if you want character, you can always hop in the car and drive to those areas in under an hour.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:15 PM

Yup, no more than an hour to SFO--especially since they widened the San Mateo bridge.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:51 PM
rbt
AudiWorld Super User

<ahem> "Lumpia House" of Dublin, CA!!! quite a popular place!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I moved from Hyde Park 14 years ago have not been back since

I live in Walnut Creek now which is about 20 minutes from Dublin without traffic.Contra Costa county is better compared to Alameda county.If you have kids.Schools in Central Contra Costa (Orinda, Moraga, Lafayette, Danville, Walnut Creek, Alamo) are topnotch.Great shopping in Walnut Creek
Old 12-21-2005, 02:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Us

We (my wife and I) live in Dublin. As Rogdog says it can be suburban, but it depends on what you are looking for.

We love it here and we always comment how good our decision was to move from SF 5 years ago. We would not trade it for the world. Dublin is really growing fast, and is gaining on San Ramon, and Pleasanton in terms of amenities, business, etc.

Property here is expensive like all of the Bay Area. Dublin being so close to BART is starting to be a premium. It's been more expensive than San Ramon for some time. My opinion is that Dublin/Pleasanton are much more exicting that sleepy San Ramon (a true bedroom community).

We are very close to OAK, and about 45 min BART to SFO door-to-door. We are also very conveniently located to get to I5/SAC/Tahoe. or to I5/LA.

The Tri-Valley (Dublin,Pleasanton,San Ramon), and Livermore Valley (Dublin, Pleasanton,Livermore) are very nice places to live, are a bit less congested than other Bay Area cities (Palo Alto say) and offer a great place to raise a family, etc.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Pleasanton S4

Dood, I waved at you Friday on 680. <nods>. Sia told me it must have been you.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default I'm thinking back to the days when I lived there - but rush hour times can be that bad

if you do not plan for it.

But like all of you - I used SJ or Oakland for domestic and SFO for International. Though sometimes I landed at SJ from Japan.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: coming over from the Chicago forum. anyone here live near Dublin, CA?