Disappointed with Eurowerks show... music was WAY too loud....

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disappointed with Eurowerks show... music was WAY too loud....

I mean, ear-damaging loud. We left after 10 minutes of walking around with our ears plugged.

I would have liked to talk with Audiworld and Audizine folks more, and others who came from far and wide to participate. Wouldn't have minded talking to tuners and manufacturers (if any were there!). But I couldn't hear myself talk, much less anyone else. What a waste.

Seemed to be about as many people as cars. Were there any spectators? Was there any promotion of this event?

Also, had dead camera batteries. Didn't matter much. I coudn't take my fingers out of my ears long enough to push the shutter. I'd have liked to take pictures of MoBrazen's setup and others that we've met.

If you like exotic women in skimpy gear posing with Ferraris and gaudily pimped-out German cars, then this was the show for you.

Didn't stay for the wet T-shirt contest. Then again, we're not teen agers anymore.

Leave out the DJ and the ogling activities (or save them to the end), and we might consider going again in the future.
Old 07-20-2002, 10:08 PM

Yeah, the show sort of sucked. But oh well--boobies are boobies.
Old 07-21-2002, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Unfortunately, every car show except for New Dimensions is like this format...

Having entered the car show competition arena this year for the first time, the show you witnessed is the norm when it comes to car shows. The exception was that this show was all European cars, meaning no asian imports, low-riders, or domestic cars.

I'm also glad to have been mentioned in a positive light in your thread! Sorry I missed you yesterday, must've been running around someplace. There are plenty of pics online of my car from this year's shows. I'm sure we can work something out. :-) I agree that the music was too loud. It just seemed to carry on forever & travel a great distance.

Since I only saw you & Sheira at the ND show, I'm assuming that was the only show you attended this year. They don't do all of the hustle & bustle that Evowerks needed to do in their first year of existance. The ND show has a completely different tone & manner about it, which is nice because each area of their show has it's own focus...Auto-X, car show, vendor displays/demos.

We'll see if the organizing staff of Evowerks will take something away from your comments & try to incorporate them into their format for next year & years to come (if the show continues).

Not that anyone else cares . . . but I took 2nd place yesterday in the S4 class, whcih came to a tie break between another S4 in my car crew! Not a bad year, placing in 4 of 5 shows!!!

Best Audi (2-for-3): Two 1st place finishes
Best S4 (2-for-2): Evowerks (2nd place), New Dimensions (3rd place...by ONE STINKING POINT!)
Old 07-21-2002, 10:27 AM

Cool. Congrats, Mo'!
Old 07-21-2002, 04:35 PM
Elder Member

Default When i finally showed at 3 there were a lot of ppl left

even with lots leaving. Music was only bad near that end of the lot. They must have turned it down.
Old 07-26-2002, 12:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats!