Need indie Audi repair and muffler shop near San Jose

Old 01-24-2019, 10:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Need indie Audi repair and muffler shop near San Jose

I have been trying to work on my A6 myself, but would like an actual shop for backup.

A current issue that's outside the scope of what I can do is my exhaust: something is bumping the underside of the car and it probably needs welding to make it fit right.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Solved it myself!

Good news about the exhaust system pounding on the floorboards: I seem to have fixed the most annoying half of the problem.

After a few cycles of unbolting the exhaust coupler, holding it away from the close side while rebolting it, and seeing it spring back as I torqued the bolts (or after removing a plank I used to hold it in place), I gave up because I didn't seem to have made a difference. Except it stopped making noise while driving! I can't believe how much more pleasant it is driving without the rhythmic pounding under the back seat on turns or certain road conditions.

The rubber exhaust hangers aren't cracked, but seem to be hanging lower; my exhaust scrapes going over the sidewalk at my parking garage where it didn't a year ago. I have all the parts ordered and the hanger extraction tool, but am procrastinating due to weather.